1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

my new 2012 LEXUS CT200h "F"

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Genoz World, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    UPDATE - Yesterday, on the 5 south at 134, a rock hit my windshield and caused a crack. broke my heart, but the crack is less than 1/2" in diameter.

I called safeglass and they quoted me 80 + tax to fix it. is this the right way? The reason i ask this is because the glass on this car appears to have a super slick surface, kinda like permanent RAIN-X. Will this repair ruin this? Any advice would be appreciated.

CLIENTS - took clients into Pasadena and took the 110 south. Gosh, this car handles well! Not obnoxious at all. firm but not jarring, very stable and in the sport mode, very, very sure footed. Got compliments.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Of course you got compliments. It's an amazing car! :)

I cannot afford one so I'm trying to budget for a new Prius III. Wish me luck buddy!

Oh and post more pics of your car. Just avoid the windshield area..... :p

3. PriQ

PriQ CT+iQ

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations with you F-sport. It looks amazing.
    I made a huge mistake when I took a CT for a test drive. I forgot to check if the rear seats fold flat, and I have not been able to find this info on-line.

So. OP. Can you help me solve this mystery and tell me how the rear seats fold?

4. Yogi56

Yogi56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Some insurance companies have arrangements to provide the repair at no charge if it keeps you from needing a new windshield. Might depend on your deductible. A new Lexus factory glass has to be 6-700 or more if you have the rain sensing wipers.

1 person likes this.
  5. Genoz World

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    YES IT DOES. the rear hatch cover removes just like the prius and due to the HIGH head rests in the back seats, they also conveniently pop up and forward so that you can lower the seats without having to disturb and move forward the front seats.

1 person likes this.
  6. Genoz World

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    of course i wish you luck! i texted you awhile ago, how you doing? alls well??

7. Genoz World

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    YOGI56 - YES! thank you for your input and YES, GEICO set up another order and they will pay for my repair. Thanks again, you saved me 80+ tax. CHEERS!

8. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I text you back. :) All is well other than feeling like I can't get enough air sometimes. :) I think a new car is part of the curing process. So about those F Sport pics..... :rockon:

9. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Got to say, for the price, I almost envious of it over the Prius v Five ATP I have. The Interior looks a lot nicer, at least the seats and going for the traditional dashboard look that I know lots of people like (myself included). My only problem with it would be the space, but then again, you may not need all the space like I do and driving clients, you probably don't have nearly as much junk in your car that I do.

1 person likes this.
  10. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sure you have to do some finagling to get in and out of CT200. If carry rear passengers, there would be some ensuing battles between front and rear space - move forward please! :mad:

11. Yogi56

Yogi56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nice, always good to save a few dollars!

12. Genoz World

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    right on bro and i'm glad all the good wishes went well.

ok, let me get a nice model and take some photos of my ride. the car is awesome, i'm at awe.

13. Genoz World

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    YES i agree, space is very limited. I work mainly with SELLERS in the Real Estate market, and when I work with BUYERS, they're often crammed inside the CT. The Prius that I had was much better in room and space. But I'm not gonna lie, the CT is SOOOO much "funner" to drive. It handles like a slot car and has pep to boot!

14. Genoz World

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I kinda agree, i'm a mere 5.10, so the room in the back is of no issue. If I were 6+, I agree that moving chairs would be in the works. Although, I would NOT be buying this car if I had kids. Not to say it wont work, but moving chairs would be constant.

15. Genoz World

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. so should I just buy toyota filters or lexus ones? is it the 0/20W synthetic Mobil 1 oil I should use? how much to put? 3.75 qts?

Thanks in advance.

16. Genoz World

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    found out that the oil filter is the same on the III prius and the CT.

GOT the windshield "fixed" today. Safelite guarantees that the crack will NEVER run outwards again but the bummer is that I can still see the crack. although a bit lighter,
    due to the resin injection, but alas, it's still there. my car is healed but scarred! :((((

YOGI56- thanks again.

17. Genoz World

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    just an update, seeing more and more CT's on the road. Mainly the standard CT's but not too much of the "F" series.

18. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I parked next to a regular CT200h today. I have yet to see and F Sport in the wild. I'm hoping to take a ride in one soon, :)

19. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Gene! I just looked up the specs on your F Sport Trident wheels and they are amazingly heavy!!! They weight 28.65lbs EACH! I bet if you ditched them for a set of Enkei wheels that weigh 15-17lbs each you will pick up a few mpg and the car will feel more responsive. I can only imagine what a wheel like that would do to a Prius. The MPG loss would be very noticeable.

20. Pinkym

Pinkym New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there, congratz on your new CT and hope you are enjoying it.

I noticed your pics included the Navi system and the "mouse" control, which is only available in the Technology package according to the brochure.

I have also got a CT "F" this past weekend, picking up soon, but I didn't have an option for adding the Navi...

Can you please tell us how you got the Navi & F-package in one?

Thankx~^_^