1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My new PiP - helpful comments appreciated

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Nobody123, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Nobody123

Nobody123 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I installed Toyota Door Edge Guards, but I don't think you can see it in the picture:

[​IMG]

2. Nobody123

Nobody123 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's a nice touch.

4. Nobody123

Nobody123 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I got the last set of OEM side mouldings available from Danny@PCShop. They were the wrong colour for me so I used a body shop to repaint them.

I couldn't quite line them up per Toyota's instructions because of the door edge guard. So I ran the rear ones parallel to the door edge guard and lined up the front in line with the rear. They're aimed a little bit lower in the front, but otherwise the gap to the door edge will be inconsistent.

[​IMG]

5. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)Too late, but I use the rear cargo mat turned "up side down". That puts the rubber side up, works well, at no additional cost.

6. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    We had such a mild winter this year that I didn't even really need heavy duty winter mats until a few weeks ago, which is also when I got new winter tires.

Luckily this delay meant that the Husky mats were on sale when I looked. I ended up ordering the Husky Weatherbeater liners for the Plug-in Prius for about CAD$179 (US$127) plus tax for both front and back. The Weathertech DigitalFit liners were CAD$249 (176) plus tax. Difference of about CAD$70 (US$50). Maybe I'll put the extra money saved toward an interior detailing before I put in the new Weatherbeaters. Using the OEM Prius all weather mats means my foot rest area and adjacent carpet is now covered in salt stains.

BTW, I did order the Prius Plug-in Hybrid OEM cargo tray from the US. Nice to have the perfect fit and the logo too. Did the same for our upcoming RAV4 Hybrid. Both the PiP and RAV4 Hybrid have different cargo trays from the regular Prius and RAV4, and despite the cars being sold in Canada, the OEM cargo trays aren't.