1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My New Prime - Only 19.5 Miles Range?

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by cirruspete, May 7, 2018.

1. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That is strange, I only charged to 26.7 today and drove to the gym. Still had 18 left at the gym. Driving back to the Sierra Foothills and 2 more giant hills, around 1000 feet each. When I returned home I still had 18 miles of charge left. I wonder if it’s because I was driving in eco! Please someone help me out of this situation. I’m afraid tomorrow I’ll end up with 72miles of charge!

Arctic_White likes this.
  2. Big_boss213

Big_boss213 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    If i am not mistaking that "Range" 19.5 miles is how many miles you got from the Electric motor only. which is pretty normal. I believe the advertise range is 25 miles. But this all depends on road conditions, if you uphill, did you just floor it etc... Also the car starts to learn how you drive and it will adjust its sensors to that to maximize fuel economy. Oh also you said that it was 56 Degrees outside so i am guessing you might of been using the heater, Prius battery drain a lot quicker if you using the Heater. So don't panic is doing good

3. Helen Prieto

Helen Prieto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Just a note guys. I found out my electric company has special rates for electric car owners. You need to fill in an online application and they come and do something to your meter. Then you get a really reduced rate if you charge between 11 pm and 7 am. I just fixed the charge schedule to start at 11:30 pm and it’s generally finished by the time I get up.

Arctic_White and benagi like this.
  4. CraigM

CraigM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That’s great, if they don’t jack-up your daytime rate. My utility offers an option for a lower rate at night, but jacks-up the daytime “tier”. Wasn’t worth it since the Prime uses so little electricity, and my home’s afternoon / evening usage is probably higher than the Prime: especially if I run the house a/c.

Arctic_White likes this.
  5. Helen Prieto

Helen Prieto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Not so far. My electric bill was lower this month than last and we re in the middle of summer in “Hot”lanta.

Arctic_White likes this.