1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My new Prius - inital thoguhts....

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by floppyarms, Dec 1, 2009.

1. fjpod

fjpod Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Say, floppyarms...did you happen to flip those photos around in PhotoShop? The steering wheel seems to be on the wrong side. (couldn't resist)

2. floppyarms

floppyarms New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh dear, oh dear..... Not even going to come down to that level ;-)

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice! Blue Ribbon w/ Misty Grey!

I like the fact that you can have it all (with opt. LEDs) and still stick with cloth. Heated seats would be nice with the cloth interior.

4. johalareewi

johalareewi Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Hybrid Synergy Drive sticker peels off easily. I have removed mine. Dealer also put one of their own stickers on the upper rear window which doesn't come off easily :(

5. Penny's Dad

Penny's Dad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, My Prius II is now 1 week old. I traded went off lease from a Nissan Murano so this was a pretty big change but there are suprising similarities.
    I was used to a CVT transmission so the drive train feels somewhat familiar.
    Murano Interior was a modern work of art...so is Prius...Oddly Prius feels more upscale though the Murano had more soft materials including dash pad...I believe all the modern texturing works in the Prius favor here.
    Prius is low to ground of course but feels sporty and plenty quick especially above 25mph where a quick jolt is sometimes needed to pass.
    Of course the car is noisy but I expected as much and the great radio compensates.
    My kid loves the car and brags to all friends...this did not happen with Murano.
    Turning radius is very tight and the ride quite taught...reminds me of my 83 Mazda RX7.
    Still many things to learn about like ...why do I have plastic "wheel ornaments"? I feel like just removing them and exposing the alloys underneath.
    The car cries out for the Mini Bogey stickers that I had on my wife's minivan. I do notice I drive the car more cautiously as if it is more fragile than the Murano...It may be that I am just not used to being closer to the ground.

Anyway..those are my first impressions after week 1.

1 person likes this.