1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My new Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by SuperGLS, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Blizzwhiteprius

Blizzwhiteprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats on the new prius :) I was averaging 52 mpg until I switched to the Plus package rims, now I get 44mpg.

WE0H likes this.
  2. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Wow, that different? How much more do they weigh? Kept the tire pressure the same?

3. Blizzwhiteprius

Blizzwhiteprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The plus rims weigh 18.5 pounds they are lighter then the Prius V rims. The tire pressure is to Toyota specs, filled with nitrogen which I doubt makes a difference.

4. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I told my sales lady the one and only thing they could put on my car was a dealer license plate frame. No stickers, no paint sealant, no front plate mount or any holes drilled in the front bumper.

Mike :)

Mobile on my SGH-i717

5. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, sad news. On my 10th fill up I've finally dipped below the 50mpg mark. I guess 49mpg isn't too bad, but I was hoping to always stay above 50. I think it has to be mostly due to the cold weather. If you look at my Fuelly graph it's been falling steadily as the weather has gotten colder. We'll see what happens in the spring.

6. cary1952

cary1952 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It will continue to fall. However , if you block your grill, like I did today, I noticed an immediate 7 mpg increase. I wish I would have done it in October rather than wait until January, especially on my 3300 mile trip.

photo.JPG

7. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is super late cary, but do you have a link to what exactly you did? I somehow missed your response way back when.

I've had the car for about 11 months now. That was on the only tank that below 50mpg. I'm going to be around $850 spent on gas for the year. How's the compare to others?