1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My new Wet Okole's

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by wesayso, Jun 18, 2011.

1. wesayso

wesayso Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought the fronts - for now. Took about 45 minutes to install.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

worldaven likes this.
  2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Re: My new Wey Okole's

Look really nice on the seats. The center console cover looks a little loose.

So what are those like to sit in when it is hot?

3. Insight-I Owner

Insight-I Owner 2006 Insight-I MT + 2011 Prius

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I have used Wet Okole in three cars and haven't noticed any problems with the neoprene in hot weather. After all, you're already sitting on the foam of the seat itself. The seats do feel a bit more plush and padded with the Wet Okoles on them.

I had light colored ones in my Subaru, didn't clean them, so spills etc made them look fairly ratty after 8 years. OTOH they're waterproof, so the original upholstery was perfect when I took them off to sell the car.

For the Prius I got the standard ones with black side panels. Cheaper, plus the side panels get most of the dirt from getting in and out, which black handles better. I have the bisque interior, so I got the center panels in the brown next shade darker than that (which is not too far from the sandy metallic exterior paint color). And this time I'll keep them cleaner!!

P.S. It's "Wet Okole", not Wey Okole.

4. olyprius

olyprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Very nice, I really like them, very easy to clean! I had a set in my old mini cooper, special ordered from Hawaii! Very high quality!!

5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Are they washable (in a wash machine)? Thanks for the info!

6. wesayso

wesayso Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Not recommended. From Wet Okole website.
    "The more you wash, the longer they last. Washing your Wet Okole Hawaii seat covers will ultimately extend the life of your seat covers. Wet suit shampoo was specifically designed for cleaning and conditioning neoprene products. Cleaning with wet suit shampoo removes organic residue, micro-organisms and salt deposits that contribute to the deterioration of neoprene. Conditioning with wet suit shampoo helps prevent excessive drying, premature aging and oxidation of neoprene while continuing to keep the colors bright. Since Wet Okole Hawaii seat covers are waterproof, just wash the seat covers right on the vehicle. No hassles of taking the seat covers on or off. Combine water with your wet suit shampoo. Use a lint-free cloth and wash your seat covers thoroughly. Rinse your seat covers with fresh water and towel dry. DO NOT USE BLEACH OR DETERGENTS CONTAINING BLEACH! DO NOT USE A BRUSH or MACHINE WASH! HAND WASH and AIR DRY ONLY! Wet suit shampoo can be purchased directly from us or any other Wet Okole Hawaii seat cover dealer."

7. wesayso

wesayso Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Yeah, I'm gonna redo the console cover in a few days when the material relaxes a little.
    They do not get too warm. I had a medium gray set in my FJ Cruiser and I loved them summer and winter.

1 person likes this.
  8. olyprius

olyprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Just a quick heads up, when I received my Wet Okole set back in the day I had to air them out in the patio for a day or so to air it out of the bag. I remember the smell being a bit nauseating [​IMG] , I'm pretty sensitive to smell. The good news is that the smell goes away after a week or so. However this happened all back in the day, so I don't know if the smell is the same way today when you get a new set. I ended up getting a set of Clazzios for my seats and love them, although I do miss the sportiness look and feel of the neoprene.

9. wesayso

wesayso Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

No bad smell at all with mine and I don't recall having odor with the set on my FJ 4 years ago.

10. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Nice!

Someday I'll have to get some. So far my seats are holding up despite the light-colored Ivory interior.

Looks great!

11. olyprius

olyprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I did a quick google search and the smell is pretty common in many automotive forums. It's kind of a sour smell that eventually goes away. When I had a set I remember opened the plastic bags and they needed to aired out a couple of days before I installed them, I didn't want that strong smell in my car.

Here's a couple of other cases similar to my experience:

Specific to your FJ comment, someone said it had a "sour smell that eventually went away" in this thread: Wet Okole Review - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

Here's one from a Taco owner:
    Do Your Wet Okole's Sill Smell? - Tacoma World Forums

A Jeep owner:
    Wet Okole "new" smell, ever go away? - JeepsUnlimited.com Forums

12. wesayso

wesayso Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

My next door neighbor wanted to check out my seat covers last night. He got in, sat there a while, and exclaimed "they smell good". No sh!t. They smell neither good nor bad to me. I guess some folks are more sensitive to it than others. My wife loves collard greens and the way they smell when cooking them. I think they smell like holy hell. Stinks up the whole house.

13. Mauiman

Mauiman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Re: Wet Okole's Console Cover

Where did you get the console cover? I looked at the Wet Okole website under Accessories and didn't see any there.

14. wesayso

wesayso Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I did not know it would be included and did not request it. I guess it's part of the package.

15. priusbaker

priusbaker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

When you order the front covers, the console is included, got mine installed a few months ago and they looked nice. the seats are now softer and more comfortable to me. the initial smell is not bad. goes away eventually. hope to post some pixs soon!

16. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I have the cloth seats, and I try to never let my Dalmatian in the car because her fur gets caught in the fabric. No lint roller or vacuum on earth will remove it. Painter's tape and tweezers. Do you think these would work we with that type of pet fur?

17. wernolabound

wernolabound Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II

Yes, the Wet Okole seat covers will work to keep off the dog hair. I got mine back in Feb. when my car was new. I have a white dog with beige and black covers. The white hair comes off easily. I really didn't like the mouse fir that came on the car...:p

18. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Wow...those look really nice. Maybe some double sided tape for the center console?

19. Luna

Luna New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Those look really nice! I debated between those and Clazzio...the Clazzio's won out. But having just finished installing them, I'm wishing I'd gone with the Wet Okoles! I hurt all over!

20. worldaven

worldaven Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What color is this, please? This is the one I want in my Prius. Thanks.