1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My next hybrid

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Eric "v", Jan 20, 2017.

1. Eric "v"

Eric "v" Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    My 2013 Prius v (purchased Feb. 2014) has 36,000 miles on it and is running just fine. I've modded it about as much as is possible for handling and lighting.

"Juiced Hybrid" in Redwood City, CA has made a lot of money off me what with all the underbody braces, springs, two sway bars, strut tower bar, etc. And then there are the ENKIE F1 forged wheels and wider Yokohama tires. My v is no longer a "dishrag" in terms of torsional stiffness and handling. It's actually enjoyable to drive on twisty roads.

But, like the Toyota Corporation, I'm going to replace it with a Toyota RAV 4 hybrid.
    I've driven one and really like it for the refinement, power and mileage. Yes, the mileage is not on par with my Prius v but it's good enough, actually about the best for a compact SUV. For the hunting, hiking and skiing that I do I've found I really need a vehicle with more clearance and AWD.

I like the AWD RAV 4 hybrid's "differential" - a big electric motor on the rear axle. And the "driveshaft" is a big yellow electric cable running from up front.

So no, the RAV 4 Hybrid won't handle as well as my modded v but it actually does better than my 2007 RAV 4 V6 did. I miss the V6's power at any speed but not its lousy mileage.

When will I buy the RAV 4 Hybrid? Maybe at the next model change - or earlier.

Eric B.

Montgomery, bisco and Tideland Prius like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all the best!(y)