1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My odometer is stuck at 92101 km, help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Cosmin, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Cosmin

Cosmin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I recently bought a used 2nd gen Prius, everything works like a charm, ok there were few bumps and scratches nothing some polish and some touch up paint can handle, but my odometer is stuck at 92101 km. Both my TRIP A and TRIP B work, one of these i use to keep the record of my next oil change.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You probably need to replace the combination meter assembly. Since TRIP A and B work (I assume the speedometer also is working since you didn't mention otherwise), the combination meter is receiving the correct speed signal from the skid control ECU. Hence if the odometer is not incrementing, that is a fault within the combination meter.

3. IMkenNY

IMkenNY Im just being nosy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I wonder if the party that sold you the vehicle corrupted the odometer in the process of rolling the mileage back?

4. ILuvMyPriusToo

ILuvMyPriusToo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'd be concerned, particularly if it hasn't worked since delivery. Certifying an odometer reading is accurate upon transfer (or stating clearly that it is not) is the law in the US (I don't know about Romania). This affects the value of the vehicle and leaves you wondering how many miles are actually on the car. I suggest you contact the seller about it. Good luck!

5. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I would want to check with the dealer to see if they can determine the correct kilometers and if the seller did tamper with it.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i wonder if romania has any such consumer protection law?

7. Cosmin

Cosmin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the all your replies i really apreciate it and kind of brings some light to my problem i also thought that it was tempered with but the car runs like a charm for a 5000$ car and i didn't mind as much because my last vehicle a 2001 Opel Astra Mk4 had 240.000 km and even at that mileage(fake or not) the car pured like a kitten like this one. I think i am going to check my mileage at a Toyota dealer and then buy the combination meter used or new as i can estimate the mileage per year and also adjust and even add a few tens of thousands myself. I am not really interested in 100% accurate reading just an estimate(actual working odometer) because i really like to keep the correct mileage for engine oil change, service interval and very important gearbox oil(i read that it is VERY important for the proper maintenace of the car). Thanks a lot.

#7 Cosmin, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014