1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My oem wipers are wearing out. What are the best wipers i can get in the market for my 08 prius.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bluemoonseller, Dec 11, 2009.

1. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just put an insert in and cut to size, simple.

2. geognerd

geognerd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll second Rae Vynn's comments. I bought a pair of the Icons based on the recommendations in numerous forum topics. The $15 rebate made the price more palatable.

I put off installing the Icons until the next snow/ice storm was forecast. The old wipers still worked well, so I was in no hurry to replace them. Well, I spent some time driving through sleet and rain yesterday and I can report the Icons did very well. The wiping was clean and complete - no areas were missed. The passenger side of my windshield tended to get some streaking with the old wipers.

When it came time for me to head home from work, the car was coated with ice. The frame of the regular blades surely would have iced-up and prevented proper contact with the windshield. As you can see in the pic below, there was quite a bit of ice.

[​IMG]
    Link to Flickr

Hopefully the Icons will prove to be durable.

3. PriusLewis

PriusLewis Management Scientist

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Another vote for Bosch Icons. My '06 probably had the stock blades when I bought it this spring, and I first put on Rain-X wipers (I had good luck with them in the past). They soon had small grooves or something that left very distinct streaks - I had never had that happen. I replaced those with the Icons (which I had used in the past on my 560SEL Mercedes) and love them. Pep Boys had a 2-for-1 sale - what a steal!

For the rear I bought a factory insert since the rear wiper is integrated into the arm (I know they can be replaced, but it would affect the aerodynamics - and looks - that the stock rear blade seems to have). It also works great.

Speaking of aerodynamics, has anyone else noticed the change in aerodynamics when the front wipers are on? It definitely affects the flow around the A-pillar (onto the side glass). One of the hypermilers here who do such a great job of collecting metrics should see if that affects gas mileage. :D