1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My official Prius mods thread.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by DocVijay, Dec 18, 2005.

1. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Green Speed @ Aug 23 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]308355[/snapback]</div>
    Appearances can be deceiving. She could actually use a good scrubbing. Silver tends to hide dirt pretty well. I'm going to give her a wash this weekend, then I'll take some nice posed pics. :p

2. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Aug 22 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]307699[/snapback]</div>
    Here's an easy link to the first post if one can't be bothered to use the easy navigation buttons at the bottom or click <<, or the Jump to Page 1 drop down.

3. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NuShrike @ Aug 23 2006, 04:35 PM) [snapback]308445[/snapback]</div>
    Gee, thanks. Golly, one couldn't figure that out.
    <_<

I was just suggesting it for all who just check out the end of a thread, that's all. I'm sure most peeps could have figured out the ways to the front of the thread...

4. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ Aug 23 2006, 02:36 PM) [snapback]308353[/snapback]</div>
    I see. Since I do not have the JBL, I am good with just the CleanSweep.

5. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

The SSI is here. I picked it up yesterday. I'll take some pics of all the goodies now before I install them all. THe ZR components are SWEETt with a capital "SWEE." The crossovers weigh a ton... only quality components here. I'm going to go ahead and install the sub amp as well, even though I'm not getting the enclosure made for a while.

Now Ijust need to see if the dsp-441 and the SSI will both fit under the passenger seat. I hope so, becuase that would save a TON of wiring.

Stay tuned...

6. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

Well, looks like I'm adding the JDM turn signal mirrors sooner than I planned. Pulled out of the garage, late, kids yelling, not paying enough attention and crack, took out the passenger side mirror. :eek: :blink: :angry: Oh well. I'll have to use some duct tape to try and hold things together till they arrive from Sigma.

7. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

I think someone asked for pics of the front and rear pics of the tires and the offset. My rims have 42 mm of offset, which is a bit different than stock. ANyway, here are the pics.

Oh, and here are a couple of teaser pics of what's coming next...

Components, and that elusive Cleansweep SSI is finally here!

Attached Files:

8. andrewgs

andrewgs I Pity Da Foo!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks good man! Wish I could be there to see the install and listen to the finished product.

Me = Jealous

9. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AndrewGS @ Sep 14 2006, 12:46 AM) [snapback]319340[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, can't wait!

So, what do the JDM signals look like? This I am curious about.

10. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Sep 14 2006, 02:58 AM) [snapback]319360[/snapback]</div>

They look sorta like this. Well, OK they look exactly like this! :p

Attached Files:

11. mike_m

mike_m New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ Sep 14 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]319477[/snapback]</div>
    I just can't imagine someone knocking off their mirrors as an excuse to get fancy mirrors....... :p

12. Chayse

Chayse New Member

Doc,
    You said that your wheels were a 42 mm offset and that they were significantly different from stock. Do you know what the stock offset is? Thanks.

Fred

13. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chayse @ Sep 14 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]319770[/snapback]</div>
    The offset is not significant, only about 5 mm, but that amount along with the 1/2" wider rim makes a big difference. The wheels widen the track quite a bit, probably by just over an inch overall front and rear. This will make a difference that you should be able to feel.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike_m @ Sep 14 2006, 01:23 PM) [snapback]319575[/snapback]</div>

;) Oops!

Actually, this couldn't have happened at a worse time. I've been suffering with some serious muscle strain in my neck and shoulder for the past few weeks. Now that I have no mirror there, I have to turn my head to check for cars. That hurts like hell, and I get pain shooting all down my arm. Thank god for muscle relaxers and pain killers, otherwise the drive would be unbearable!

14. andrewgs

andrewgs I Pity Da Foo!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The signal mirrors look cool. I don't know if I'd put those on or the repeaters on the fenders.

15. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I see no one hass been here in a while, so i figured i do an update on the topic you finished with. I think i saw your other posts on the subject of the signal side mirrors. What is the progress of this, pictures , instructions? There are many things i want to do. I see you live in tampa too, maybe we should start a club lol. Though Im sure your too busy for it, but i enjoyed reading your stuff, though too much to go, maybe i could see your car and get ideas of what to do, i got a packge#3 so no hids or nothing, just the camera, i would like to install HIDs and those mirrors, I did get the tint(5%) wow i can not see out the window at night, i got the bumper protector, mud flaps, very easy stuff. I saw the apple mini, so i am def wanting to do the windows machine, but i am still waiting on the CAN-VIEW for the 2006 model. I and also will be adding leather in feburay when the irs pays me back :) Oh i def will be doing the carbon kit, sooner than anything else, but the full kit, 51 piece. Is the HID upgrade possible for the regular lights? Also is there a way to add fogs to mine in the same location as the factory set? I would like to do that, but i am not sure the extent of your knowledge on this. thanks. Does mileage go down during our tampa winter?

16. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(massimo @ Oct 8 2006, 10:12 PM) [snapback]329888[/snapback]</div>
    I have not done the mirrors yet. They should be arriving today, and I first need to make sure I have all the parts to do the fix (I'm pretty sure I do).

HID's in the halogen headlights is possible, but not desirable. It can cause problems with glare and sub-optimal light output. Try searching for HID on PriusChat. I know several people have looked into getting the HID housings for their halogen equipped cars, but I think the cost was not worth it.

Fog lights can be added. I saw a sale on eBay for some factory fogs. Try checking there. The harness may already be there, and all you would need is the plastic shroud that goes around the lights. I think these were actually pretty cheap from Toyota.

Mileage does not really go down too much here. On the few really cold days it will drop, but for the most part your mileage will go UP because of less (no) A/C use. Just today I noticed it was 64 outside during my morning commute, and with the A/C off I noticed a jump in mpg.

17. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I normally never have my a/c on during the morning, I learned to park under a tree so the car is in the shade so i can have the a/c at low fan and the coldest setting and getting pretty decent mpg when driving home. So I normally get around 60-70 mpg in the morning but around 50 on the way home because of dale mabry and waters intersection always stop and go there for at least a mile or two.

As for the fog lights, would i need to replace the grill that is there and replace it with a different size grill ?

18. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(massimo @ Oct 9 2006, 10:46 AM) [snapback]330012[/snapback]</div>
    That's what I was talking about when I said surround. The two pastic end pieces must be repalced with ones that have the holes for the fog lights. Those are available from Toyota.

19. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

OK, the mirrors arrived today, and I did get them installed. I'm running low on space here on PC, so I'm just building a quick webpage to detail the install.

Verizon FIOS is great; I have almost 2GB to do whatever I want online!

I'll eventually build a full Prius website, but that is later...

20. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ Oct 9 2006, 10:40 PM) [snapback]330397[/snapback]</div>
    You can use my space here on PC or I am sure the danny will give you some, since you have contributed so much to all us noobies