1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My P0A080 fault code and battery rebuild

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by fotomoto, Jul 5, 2016.

1. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Well it's been two years since I started this thread and one year since I replace the repaired battery with a new Toyota pack.

I guess it won't come as a shock (pun intended) to anyone that I'm reporting zero issues with new battery. It will head off to college (600 miles r/t) in a few weeks so here's hope for many more months and miles of reliability. (y)

2. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    How many miles on the car and battery pack?

3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here's to many more miles of Prius love!

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    56k miles on car and 6k on pack. As you can see by those numbers, it hasn't been driven very much (2 miles to school, 5 miles to part-time job) but it's about to get a lot more use which is a good thing!

5. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    After linking to this on yet another battery replacement thread, thought I should update it.

18 months after replacing the original 06 pack with a new Toyota pack sourced from Texashybridbatteries it's still doing fine battery wise (duh). Car only has about 65k miles (what the ????) and the few times I get to drive it, it still feels like new car.

I did have to replace the second (original recalled and replaced) inverter pump that failed while being driven by my wife (car will now be forever be classified as a POS by my wife's criteria*) but my son still thinks it's a great car; especially since he is now responsible for paying for gas and having to drive 300+ miles to college.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  6. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So those pumps don't really last 100k miles