1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My poor baby...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jasond, Apr 22, 2004.

1. jasond

jasond New Member

Okay, not my actual baby, just my car.

The local detailing shop picks up the car, details it, and then drops it back off at the end of the day. So someone else is driving my car :evil:

I had 61 mpg on the display.. Hope they don't knock it down too far, because I'm really trying to get a full a 60+ tank :) I took a pic just in case... but that's with only 135 miles.

(Details of why I need the detail are in the *Sob* thread.. I'll keep you all posted as to whether or not they can get the scratches out without burning through my paint)

2. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    you mean, like the time my chevy dealer put 20 miles on my Corvette to test the new radiator fitting they'd soldered in? like, guys, i said, you could have just thrown some cardboard against the front of the radiator and idled the engine until it overheated.... don't tell me somebody didn't have some fun....
    :guns:

3. m1j1tc0rn

m1j1tc0rn New Member

my friend worked for a long time to get a bmw 3 series a couple of years ago...

we went out to eat at a nice place and they had valet parking.
    when we were done we came out to get his car and it was GONE. ZOOOOM!!! it slides around the corner with some 16yr old valet squealing the tires. my friend almost lost his head. :guns:

we all lived to tell.
    -r

4. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    What would be nice is to have a special valet key with a coded chip/transponder in it that restricts the car to under 20mph and low revs. Perhaps also a cutoff if the car travels more than 2 miles?

Dave