1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius 07 doesn't start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by andrea candeloro, Nov 8, 2020.

1. andrea candeloro

andrea candeloro New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----Australia----
    Hi Guys
    my Prius 07 doesn't start, all the lights on the dash board are on including the big rad triangle light.
    I have reset the batteries, both, and still doesn't start.

I have had an error code before P3190 Poor Engine Power and I have booked a diagnosis in 2 days but now the car doesn't run at all.

On when I had the code on some time was resetting automatically, some time overnight, some time just open the fuel tank, some time just put petrol in it but it always came back after a bit and recently was coming up more often. the car car was basically stopping with a very little power, I pull over turn off and on the car and the car was going with the engine and triangle light on.

Anyone can Help please?

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many miles on her?

how is the 12v health?

3. Aegean

Aegean Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I noticed the car is in ready mode. The selector is in drive. So is the door open? If yes you get the triangle. However the hybrid system appears to function but engine does not start. Are you sure you have enough gas?

I would check sensors first like crankshaft, temperature or ecu module. Just research P3190.

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Poor engine power is usually either you ran out of gas or the throttle body is clogged and the butterfly is stuck shut or partially open because it has never been cleaned or lubricated.

Its amazing how many times I have to ask this on this forum but how many miles on the car?