1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My prius and Dogs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DjEZ, May 15, 2007.

1. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oh! Too cute! I just bought my Prius yesterday, and haven't taken my 4 Miniature Schnauzers for a ride yet.
    I haven't looked at barriers yet, but am going to. Did you ever try anyout since you posted ?

Doggie seatbelt harnesses work well - I can give you a make and model on those if you like.

I'm probably going to get a couple of crates for my younger two, the agility dogs, for our trips to competitions, but I want the barrier in case I ever have to transport all 6 (including foster dogs, also schnauzers).

After seeing the Hurricane Katrina fiasco with pets, I decided I wanted to be able to put them all in something comfortably for travel. No hurricanes here, but there's the threat of a dam upstream breaking that could cause havoc in Nashville, and a fault line in Memphis that could give us a godawful earthquake - I could have gotten all 6 in the Prizm, but none too comfortably.

I've been wanting a hatchback for ages, but loved the milage on my Prizm - the Prius is the perfect solution.

Laura

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DjEZ @ May 15 2007, 12:20 PM) [snapback]442513[/snapback]</div>

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dogfriend @ May 15 2007, 04:47 PM) [snapback]442757[/snapback]</div>
    That link isn't working.

Barrier behind front seats

Barrier for behind rear seats for cargo area.

This would work too.

This is the harness I use for my co-pilot.

I prefer buckling him in to a barrier because I don't want him flying around the car if I have to brake suddenly or we're in an accident. I know that's a hassle with multiple dogs, but both he and my parents' dog are trained to sit like passengers when they ride in the car with they're harnesses. Less hassle than a babycarseat really.