1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius C HID and LED installation adventure thread!! (lots of Pics!)

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by managerman, May 15, 2012.

1. Dinesh Jayasinghe

Dinesh Jayasinghe New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, the headlight cover. I guess it could melt if powerful LED's are used. :(. However, I used the LED's ordered for the dome lights and the boot light. they are not switched on for long time so no issue getting over heated. Any suggestion to replace the parking lights to LED's are welcome. thanks

2. Nel

Nel Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had smd's for parking lights for a while. There were signs of hear damage on the headlight covers within the day. Granted they were super strong and bright, I'd be careful going this route. I've switched back to halogen ever since.

Nexus 6P ?

3. Wvrx

Wvrx New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm surprised the cutoff is so decent with a drop in kit. Thanks for the pics OP

4. macaronincheese

macaronincheese Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did you install the $20 kit for HID headlights? Why would you need this?

5. managerman

managerman Prius v Nerd

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    First off...I have not posted here in forever!! but somehow I got notified today of your question via the Tapatalk app....In any case I think you might be referring to the extra 20.00 I spent to get the slim ballasts vs. the regular ballasts.....If so...I did it to save some room on the install and I had read somewhere that they were better quality...I do not have my Prius C anymore, but I still have my Prius v III....and the same set of ballasts continue to work flawlessly over 3 years later....