1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius has developed a very annoying rattle

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jc1745, Nov 9, 2007.

1. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm resurrecting this old thread because I have the EXACT same rattle as the OP! I'm concerned because I just bought the car used a few days ago, and it only has 10,000 miles. I tried adding a shimmy between the space made of folded cardstock paper, but there is still a slight rattle. I'll try adding another shimmy or using foam.

Still, I hate the idea of patching up my car when its only a few days old. Should I bring this in to the dealership? Is it something that falls under the warranty?

2. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    This reminds me of a ride I had in a friend's Cadillac. She was a smoker and stuffed whatever was at hand in the sunroof to stop rattles and wind whistles. Not knowing that, I once opened the sunroof and was showered with old stale stinky cigarrette butts.

3. sconn1

sconn1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm having an issue with a rattle that sounds like it is coming from my parking brake area(the far left side of the car, under the steering wheel). It doesn't appear to be that the parking brake petal is loose, so I don't know if a component within the parking brake system is what is causing the noise.

The sounds is intermittent, and only lasts a second or two, and only seems to appear when i'm driving on rough bumpy roads. At this point it's more of an annoyance then anything else, but any help would be appreaciated :)

4. smileyw

smileyw Junior Member

I have an 07 Touring as well, and I have the exact same rattle. Were you able to find it? I borrowed a Stethoscope from my RN neighbor and am hoping to find it today...

5. hpartsch

hpartsch Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    wow thats amazing!