1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius is Cursed...(or I am)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Me Here, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Me Here

Me Here Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey folks, I haven't been on in awhile, (Been working on a small business project) I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

The Prius with sport package has YET again been hit! This time by a deer, seriously though, it hit me. Right at the drivers side wheel/fender/headlight. So once again the Prius will be needing repairs. Which isn't a terrible thing, the front bumper after getting repaired the last time ended up getting scratched on the underside and front and then some idiot hauling plexiglass lost a piece on the highway and it buggered up the front bumper even more. I'm convinced I am cursed, or the Prius is. (Being that I've been hit 4 times now in the last 5 years, all in different cars, I'm gonna guess it's me).

I haven't had the insurance company come out yet, I guess they don't work on Sundays (rude). :) It's still drivable, no leaks thank goodness. There is a slight grinding sound at the wheel when I hit bumps (speed bumps, bumps in the road, drive ways) but for the most part it's cosmetic.

I already know the repairs will be at least 1k, I've been told, and maybe it's not true anymore, but because I have the body kit (which shows up when my VIN is searched) the WHOLE kit has to be purchased. So I'll have some side skirts and rear bumper kit pieces if anyone is interested. (Located in SC).

I felt bad for the deer, it was still alive and unable to get up right away, pretty sure it's leg was broken. ):

Anyway, as usual I like to tell my story because I feel like insurance companies / body shops can be...less than great, so I'll post photos and my experience and hope that no one goes through what I went through with the last body shop! (3 months of repairs, returning over a dozen times, them messing up things that weren't damaged like the tint on all my windows etc).

Maybe I should buy a hummer. d:

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    At least your OK.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    we had 60 deer hit last year in our time. sometimes they limp away, sometimes they have to be put down. the population is way out of control. hope you get straightened out!

4. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Same could be said for the two legged variety o_O

fuzzy1 likes this.
  5. Me Here

Me Here Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does anyone know off hand what sort of important engine components are on the drivers side? I'm taking it in on Wednesday and in the past all the supplements have been off by no less than $1, 000 and no more than $4, 000; I wanna make sure everything gets put on.

It happened in a ritzy area and putting it out of its misery wasn't an option, I'm sure a wild animal will get it which seems like a horrible way to go.

Keep y'all posted.