1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius is LOUD

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Friendlyx, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Friendlyx

Friendlyx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've recently for multiple reasons have been able to drive two different 2015 cars in the past month (Ford Fiesta, Toyota Camry). I currently have a 2015 Prius and i can official say that my Prius 2015 feels SO LOUD when i drive it on the freeway especially! I've been thinking of adding sound deadening material to the car on the doors and the floor, but i'm worried i might not be able to pull through with the floor especially. Has anyone done this on their car? For the doors, I've seen people remove the plastic and just put Dynamat Xtreme on the outside too (cover the whole door) + including inside the panel?

Not only could i add the sound deadening but i feel i could fix my previous issue i never found the solution to Condensation under Husky Floor Mat - Prius 2015 | PriusChat

If anyone has done it, does it affect MPG? Any tips on how to do it? Thanks in advanced!

2. Bay Stater

Bay Stater Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If you are still running OEM tires, consider replacing them with quieter tires. ;)

Johnny Cakes likes this.
  3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess I've never owned a vehicle that was designed or made to be too quiet on the highway.
    So that type of noise just becomes "White Noise" to me.

But if your expectations are greater than just ignoring it or turning up the radio? Then others have tried various sound deadening projects.

When I had my Prius, it was absolutely the quietest vehicle I ever owned in "City". I mean, on electric power and/or turned off at stops? You don't get too much quieter.
    So I was never too motivated to try to make it quieter.
    But to each their own.

jerrymildred and Bay Stater like this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    lots of threads here on people adding sound deadening. very effective, and no noticeable effect on mpg's

5. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    AquaAustin likes this.
  6. mikes951

mikes951 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    95% of time you need to change tires always check shop f oh r road noise on tires it makes a big difference.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.