1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius jumps off the road!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by swfoster2, Nov 11, 2007.

1. ny biker

ny biker Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lefat1 @ Nov 15 2007, 05:12 PM) [snapback]540187[/snapback]</div>
    Agreed. I've only owned one other car before, but this used to happen all the time with my old '98 Camry. Specifically on this one very bumpy hill in DC (Foxhall Rd south approaching the intersection with Reservoir Rd, for those keeping score). It also happens at this same spot with the Prius.

2. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: My Prius jumps off the road!

when it jumps over something it switches to conventional braking, so you get that "feeling of no braking", your brakes still work but the amount of braking force has changed

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: My Prius jumps off the road!

My 2001 and 2002 GMC/Chevy full-size trucks did the same thing when braking and hitting bumps or railroad tracks. It sems to be an ABS issue or traction control related (although my trucks diudn't have traction control)

4. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Maybe its taking "SUV avoidance action", since it knows the SUV behind you probably won't stop as fast.