1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius passed its MOT (safety check), But.....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bronze84, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Bronze84

Bronze84 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ....... They left the interior filthy, especially on the centre arm rest and drivers door rest. I'm a bit annoyed, I didn't take it in like that and didn't expect it to come back like that. They were totally mark free when I dropped it off! Am I just being grumpy or am I in the right?!?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Btw: car passed with flying colours, I have aftermarket 6000k HID's fitted and they didn't say a thing. Only advisory was that the two rear tyres are near legal limit which I knew about, happy days!

Turn off signatures in Tapatalk Tapatalk

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Martin, you have every reason to be grumpy. This is not acceptable. I would be taking it back and demanding a full free valet FOC.

John (Brtprius)

3. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Martin , should have said congrats on passing the MOT. As I have stated in the passed my car also passes the test with 6k HID's fitted and as you know any problems with beam pattern and dazzle would be an instant fail.
    When you are ready for tyres do look at 205/55/16's. Apart from the fact the RR is lower they are so much cheaper making it worthwhile fitting 4 tyres even if you only really need 2. If you need any advice on this just ask.

John (Britprius)

4. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That stinks. Not acceptable at all. Demand some recompense. An interior valet is about £50 so that would do nicely. Maybe a freebee like some mats or waive the MOT bill. Hope it wasn't a main dealers!

Depending on their response depends if you should name and shame them. If it was a rogue newby and the garage refund your MOT, then job sorted. If they play silly arses, then name 'em!

5. Skateruk

Skateruk Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Bronze, is that all your paper crap in the door storage? They perhaps thought ( and they shouldn't of course) that going by the rubbish in the door you were an untidy person and didn't care whether they messed up the interior. Give 'em a good bollocking! You are definitely in the right.

6. Tony D

Tony D Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bring it back and demand that it is cleaned. That is unacceptable!

John is right about the 205s alright, much much cheaper