1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius V five with Moon roof, map light is NOT burned out

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Carlton W Terry, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Carlton W Terry

Carlton W Terry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I recently bought a 2012 Toyota Prius V five/5. What I thought was a burned out map light, turned into something more, pulling down the whole fixture, lit up the light again, and stayed on like normal for 2 days and then went out again. I pulled down the fixture again, and the same thing happened, again. I went to my local Toyota dealership to ask about the problem, and they were happy to charge me $135 to look at it which I didn't do. The fixture had the map lights, moonroof controls, and Safety Connect. I think its the bulb holder at this point, but any help would be great.

Attached Files:

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I would suspect the switch or a poor cable connection. You need the schematic and a meter to chase it down properly. This drawing is from a 2012 v 3 so the pin numbers might not be the same but the schematic on the switches and lights should be the same.

4C3E448F-2B49-4898-8D1D-A266C662F69F.jpeg

Carlton W Terry likes this.
  3. Carlton W Terry

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I went to Autozone and got a new blub again, 194/2825 same 5w/14volt blub replaced it and its working again. So Now I have to wait 3 days and see if it burns out again.

TY RJParker for that. If that bulb burns out I will be back to post about it.

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Good thing you did not pay Toyota $135 to diagnose a flaky bulb filament. So I guess one of the map lights worked which eliminates most of the circuit.

Carlton W Terry likes this.
  5. Carlton W Terry

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    So it looks like it was a bad blub.