1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My quest to find a fuel efficient car

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Trollbait, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    A short tale about the author's quest to find a replacement for her cheating VW.

My quest to find a fuel-efficient car.

"I knew exactly what I was looking for: The car I’d been driving, minus the cheating on the emissions part....The landscape, as I saw it—bleak and dispiriting—looked like this: If I wanted a car that was pleasant to drive, it would have less than optimal gas mileage."

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    So she like the Kia Niro because it had traditional stodgy knobs - rather than Prius - looking like a high tech science project. My interpretation. That's why we have options.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i can see that. it's probably much more vdubbish, including reliability. you wouldn't want to miss that FaceTime with your dealer.:cool:

drysider likes this.
  4. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Vermont is one of those states that get white stuff falling from the sky part of the year, and bulky glove use is common. Knobs are better then, and some prefer them over touchscreens for not having to take your eyes off the road.

The author would likely agree on the point of options, or she wouldn't be in a hybrid now.

I was under the impression that Hyundai/Kai are much improved.

5. bhtooefr

bhtooefr Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I do suspect that modern Kias will have quite a lot to offer for Volkswagen owners that like the styling of their existing cars (because Kia has Audi's old designer), and that those that don't like the behavior of a power split transmission will get along better with the DCT in the Niro (although for me, I don't like stepped gear automatics, whether they have torque converters or dual clutches - if it has stepped gears, it better have a clutch pedal too).

bwilson4web and Samprocat like this.
  6. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hyundai and Kia always seemed to be copying European styling from a generation ago.