1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Second Prius Filmed Road Trip & Question

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by JimmyPri, Sep 28, 2016.

1. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I recently uploaded my secound 2016 Prius road trip. This trip was to the Big Island Hawaii Volcano. If you view the video does anyone have an opinion on the mpg screens during that trip? It was aproximately a 30 mile one way trip. The return mpg numbers seem to be too high and when I add going and return mpg numbers the divide by 2 It doesn't add up to my final trip b mpg. Although the final mpg number of 70 falls in line with my overall average since I got the car. This will might make more sense when you see the screens in the video

'LectroFuel, bisco and Rangerdavid like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    beautiful drive. dividing by two might not be the appropriate equation.

3. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks bisco

4. Gen 2 Tom

Gen 2 Tom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Jimmy, thanks for sharing the video of the trip up the volcano. Must be something to see spewing molten lava. I just got back from a crater lake trip, absolutely spectacular. Oh the Prius does just fine up hill and down as well.

5. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for your comment Gen 2 Tom. It was amazing to see the hot lava not far from where I was. Crater Lake is a trip I would like to take some day. By the way, I'm originally from NJ. I almost accepted a NJ Highway Dept job as assistant foreman not too far from Lincoln Park.

6. KrPtNk

KrPtNk Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    @JimmyPri, I enjoyed your video and so did my wife. We have been to Kauai, but not the Big Island. It looks lovely. Have enjoyed all your previous videos. Keep them coming.

Thanks

Alan

7. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you KrPtNk and your wife for your compliments. And thank you for continueing to watch all my videos. Not many people take the time to comment on videos especially for those of us that don't have a lot of followers and don't make any money for doing the videos so it does encourage us to keep sharing what we love to do - film videos.

8. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you KrPtNk and your wife for your compliments. And thank you for continueing to watch all my videos. Not many people take the time to comment on videos especially for those of us that don't have a lot of followers and don't make any money for doing the videos so it does encourage us to keep sharing what we love to do - film videos.

KrPtNk likes this.