1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My shiny new 2012 Camry XLE - pics

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by rosethornil, May 23, 2012.

1. rosethornil

rosethornil Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Before buying this car, I went back and forth between the Prius, the Prius V and the Camry. Based on my reading, I was only sacrificing about 8 mpg to go with the delicious, inviting cushy comfort of the 2012 Camry XLE.

I just returned from a 700-mile round trip in my brandy-new Camry and it was a joy. As another writer said, long trips are a pleasure and there's not the typical driver fatigue that plagues us fifty-somethings and our old bones.

And acceleration - whew doggy - this thing will fly. I love a fast car and the 2012 Camry does not disappoint. When you floor it, those 200 horsies really come alive and you take OFF. Very satisfying!!

Flying down I-85 at about 70-75 mph, I averaged 39-40 mph, but when I was "doing my thing" (driving slowly around residential areas doing an architectural survey), I consistently got 55+ mpg. Keep in mind, I didn't go past 30 mph the whole time, but still...

That's pretty amazing.

I also agree with the other poster that this car feels a lot more substantial than the Prius. I rented a Prius for a 400-mile trip before I purchased my new car and I am *so* glad I did that!!! The Prius was fun, but after hours in the car, my back and tail bone hurt like heck! The stiff ride and hard seats were not too pleasant.

And I did *not* like the feel of the Prius when I goosed it. Stomp on the gas pedal and the Prius just didn't feel like it wanted to go. Here in Norfolk, the interstates are crazy at peak hours, and there are times that fast acceleration can mean the difference between safe driving and creating a hazard.

I'm not surprised that these Camry XLEs are flying out the door. Here in Hampton Roads (Southern Virginia), the dealers are having trouble keeping them in stock.

It's a fine automobile and here in town, it gets *amazing* gas mileage and it rides like a dream.

Very, very impressive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]