1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My SuperWhite prius on canadian soil now.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ranmandx, Aug 2, 2007.

1. ranmandx

ranmandx Junior Member

Well i did it. I woke up at 4AM and got ready for my trip to Erie Pensylvania to pick up my new Super White Package 6 prius. Got there with a friend around 9:10 just in time for opening. Met my salesman had a chat talked about a few things signed some papers he was getting the prius ready but all of a sudden he comes out telling me that the speedometer instrument panel is not lighting up so they are grabbing another prius and swapping the part. What am i going to do complain already. me and my friend went out for some lunch and came back to find my super white prius all nice and shiny ready for me to take. Well after all of that we were on our way back to Niagara Falls new york to pick up the web electric kit and i used the nav to take me there. It avoided a toll but took me through some back highway that passes through quite a few towns. Not bad but after a while i was starting to get a little impatient.

Crossing the boarder couldn't have been easier except for snarky customs officer on the american side. I went into the customs and immigration and went up to the desk to ask if i was in the right place the guy said yeah you're in the right place just wait your turn. When another one said no he's not he's got a title in his hands. So the one guy directed me to the warehouse. Easy process went up there and waited 5 minutes while the lady politely called back many people who were going to be exporting and told them their papers are wrong and they dont' have the required materials. Seeing this i was pleased i never got a call back and my papers were in order. She photocopied stamped and sent me on my way. No car inspection needed. On the canadian side went into customs and they filled out the form 1 for me and made me pay my duties and taxes. Use a credit card to pay, i was told by customs earlier that they only accept debit but my debit had a limit that i didn't know about so i had to do some phone banking to get things straight. And off i went back to canada.

Now i got to install that web electric kit fax the recall clearance and get it checked out and registered. A pretty painless proccess thus far.

Almost got pulled over by US customs and border patrol on my way into the states she was asking some hard questions about my other nationality (lebanese) and asked if i still had a passport or not and if i had it on me. When i told her i'm buying a car she wanted to see papers. when she saw prius her eyes lit up and said "I HAVE A PRIUS" and then she went on and on about what she could fit in there what kind of mileage she's getting and gave out some pointers and what to expect. And she let me through :)

2. orenf

orenf New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congrats!

3. ranmandx

ranmandx Junior Member

I didn't think about this but we need to have front licence plates on our cars mine doesn't have any front licence plate holder. Where can i get one??? And do i need it for the inspections?

4. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ranmandx @ Aug 2 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]489716[/snapback]</div>
    I did not have one and passed ... remember inspection has to be before you do get your plates.

BTW - congrats and enjoy your new car ... it's nice to see that you found a dealer in the US to sell you one :)

5. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    I know the focus of the story is Prius exportation, but you got me thinking about kibbie nayeh :)

6. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ranmandx @ Aug 2 2007, 07:07 PM) [snapback]489716[/snapback]</div>

The front license plate holder is supposed to be installed as part of the Pre-Delivery Service by the selling dealership. I would request one be sent to you. It doesn't look difficult to install from the instructions, but you have to be careful to align and use the proper set of holes to match the indentations on the bumper cover.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    depends whether the state he bought it from uses front licence plates. Although I did notice that most US cars bolt the plate directly to the bumper rather than using a holder.

8. ranmandx

ranmandx Junior Member

Hahaha great now i want some too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tochatihu @ Aug 2 2007, 10:41 PM) [snapback]489739[/snapback]</div>

I'll try and get one from a local dealer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dogfriend @ Aug 3 2007, 01:47 AM) [snapback]489816[/snapback]</div>
    Now i need to get the coastel e tech lockpick to use the dialpad from the screen while moving. safer than using my blackberry.