1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"My Toyota" Toyota's Owners Site...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by oregonmike, Oct 7, 2008.

1. oregonmike

oregonmike Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone ever register with "MyToyota" website? I did this for my Honda, and didn't find it of any value, not sure if its worth the time for Toyota.

With the Honda site, it was kinda a disappointment as the user (me) would have to enter details about any service the car had and was not automatically updated (was the main purpose of the Honda website). Not sure what the Toyota site has to offer.

Only ISSUE... I've tried registering my 2009 Prius with it and it won't let me go past 2008. I've emailed them about this and they said begging October 1st any 2009 would be available to update... Just checked and still not available. Guess they really love keeping us all waiting :rolleyes:

2. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I registered on there when I had my Tundra. I didnt see a real benefit but it was cool that I check back in and they had added my Prius automatically to it and taken the Tundra off as my primary.

3. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah I registered with "my Toyota". No benifit at all I hardley ever go there. I thought they would at least email you coupons or special offers.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, I registered that and also for the Buick site for my wife's Regal. I tracked oil changes and the service work from time to time. Eventually I fell out of using it.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ditto, just seemed more of a way for Toyota to have an address to send ads.

6. rcaine

rcaine Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I went there hoping to download a user's manual to study while I waited for my Prius order to come in. I needed a VIN to register so no help here. I did find John's manual from this site. Last week when we finally got our car I went in with the VIN. Big disappointment. Nothing of use. Just adds for service.:(:(:(

7. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think I signed up at the Toyota site, but never found any reason to go back.

You will find a lot more useful info here at PC. For new owners, John's Stuff - Toyota Prius User-Guide is very useful.

If you are interested in the tech stuff, check out Hobbit's link farm : Prius links

1 person likes this.
  8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I just registered but now I wonder if I should have even bothered. I found the Echo we sold on the site and our 2010 Prius. But I tried to register our 2003 Prius and it reports 'invalid VIN.' If I have a bogus VIN, there sure are a lot of copies stamped and printed all over our vehicle and the registration. ... Weird.

It looks like they have some way to track 'service' but nothing for fuel or other costs. It is a shame ... this would be a great way for Toyota to get direct feedback on total cost of ownership and early reports of potential weak areas.

Bob Wilson

9. alevinemi

alevinemi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, I signed up. Mostly because I bought my Prius used and the previous owner signed up and logged her maintenance there. She had it all dealer-serviced.

I'm putting my maintenence logs in there as well so I have a convenient, full record. However, I don't get dealer service.

-->Adam

10. Blauer Glimmer

Blauer Glimmer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My dealer gives a discount on service for belonging to the site. You may want to inquire at your dealership.