1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My wife just left me and took the new Prius with her

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Robert Taylor, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :? Why do I get the feeling my chain is being pulled BIG TIME ??

2. tag

tag Senior Member

Looks like your chain got pulled twice, Charles. :lol:

3. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

So, what I want to know is why she wanted to drive your car when she had refused before. Was hers out of gas, getting the front end aligned again or something? What did she say about it when she returned?

Inquiring minds want to know.....

4. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Yep, I think Taylor has made the whole thing up. He must be having a great time. :roll:

5. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Likely, your wife was overpowered by the Prius karma which, reportedly, slowed down one Texas freeway maniac (self described, right here on this chatline). I was never a fast driver, but the Prius had a calming effect on me from the start, even more than would be accounted for by the fear of denting one's brand new car.

I like the suggestion that Mr. Taylor made this whole thing up. In a shortened form the whole story could make a great commercial for the Prius...but then, Toyota doesn't need to advertise it as they can't make enough to sell as it is.

6. Price Taylor

Price Taylor New Member

No, Robert is my brother and I know all the parties involved here. He doesn't have that kind of imagination to make all this up!

BTW, he is a pothole avoidance freak and having a wobbly front end bothes him greatly. There is a mutual friend of ours back in N. Alabama that probably has a permanent tic from Robert yelling "POTHOLE" at him!

Price

7. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It sounds like Robert's wife is a frustrated closet New York Cabbie.

Keep us posted, and if she keeps driving it, this will probably be a good stress test for the Prius and the rest of us can learn exactly what the shortest brake life ever is on a Prius. :)

8. jaguaraja

jaguaraja New Member

dude, you're wife sounds like a demon :evil2:
    what award in hell did you win?

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :lolup:

10. maliblue

maliblue New Member

O.K., enough of the "wife" bashing! As a devoted Prius owner, who put up with some amount of ridicule from my husband while I waited for my (2004) car to be delivered, I must say that his favorite sentence these days is ... do you mind if I borrow your car today? I have to drive quite a distance etc., etc.
    I say of course, the minivan is in the driveway. "Oh no. I mean the Prius, dear", he answers.
    P.S. No fear of dents, accidents etc., because if he dares to injure my car ...
    "2005" has a nice ring to it!