1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MY11 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius Team, Jul 23, 2010.

1. koric

koric Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Anybody know if the 2011's really have a "super white" paint in addition to blizzard pearl? Im looking to buy and I see that color option on some websites. Thanks!

2. danvee

danvee Blizzard Brigadier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think the concensus is that the Super White is only on the Prius I, which is heavily decontented and a Fleet/rental item only (at least in the US).

It's addressed in this thread (took a while to find it):

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-main-forum/84811-make-my-u-s-2010-super-white.html

You'll see that there is one member claiming to have a IV in Super White, but he's only posted 8 times since joining in July 2010.
    I'd have liked to see a copy of the window sticker or a photo of the car.....

1 person likes this.
  3. cagauss

cagauss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Who can suggest an aftermarket left armrest for the driver of my 2011 Prius Four? The door rest is just too low for me. Is anyone else bothered by this?

4. danvee

danvee Blizzard Brigadier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    There was a pretty extensive thread here:

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii.../85222-leather-z-door-armrests-installed.html

and here:

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...ications/85731-driver-side-door-arm-rest.html

and here:

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-main-forum/83450-armrests-made-out-granite.html

There may be more as well........

5. turborip

turborip New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :) Is the oil filter accesable from the top of engine or the bottom on the gen 111.

From a non HV owner.

6. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    It is only accessible from underneath the car, via a access panel/hatch in the underbody plastic.

Look here http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii.../67747-oil-change-2010-prius-do-yourself.html for more information or search oil change access panel for additional pics and info.

Posted from my iPhone via the Tapatalk app.

1 person likes this.
  7. coach81

coach81 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So in the '11 did they put the "rearview camera" in the rearview mirror or no?

8. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My rear view camera displays on my navigation screen not sure about the other trim levels.

Posted from my iPhone via the Tapatalk app.

9. coach81

coach81 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah.. I see.. so no change from '10.. i.e. no navigation... no rear view camera....

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  11. coach81

coach81 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I hope that they implement the rear view camera in the rear view mirror option on the upcoming PHV.. I'm not to crazy about the navi system, but I will get the rear view camera on my next vehicle.

12. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I noticed that the Gen II's that I have rented all had rear cameras yet the Gen III rentals have nothing. Why did Toyota take a back step in safety?

Mike

13. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The difference was that the Gen 2 had a dedicated MFD (i.e. no other Toyota shared its MFD except maybe the 2G RX). Adding a camera was easy since the screen was already there in all Prius models.

On the Gen 3, to reduce cost of the Prius (each MFD was $4,000), Toyota decided to pick a part from the Toyota bin and use the "standard" Toyota navigation system and put a standard radio headunit in the Gen 3. This is why people were complaining of the reduced screen resolution. This current nav is used in practically all Toyota vehicles with the full-bodied navigation system (Corolla/Matrix models use a "lite" version that you can also see on the Prius PHV test cars)

That would be nice. A backup camera is available on all packages (i.e. only the base model has no camera) in Canada. Without nav, it's shown in the rearview mirror.

14. rmbjtess

rmbjtess Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I have searched for a 2011 forum or thread and can't find one. I am just hoping someone can tell me any/all differences in the 2010 & 2011. Don't think there are many but I'm a newbie and will take delivery this week of my Prius Three Blizzard Pearl 2011. I know they are both Gen III just don't know what they changed or added. Sorry it I posted this in the wrong place. Thanks for any help!!!

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The first post from Toyota tells you the changes

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-main-forum/82748-my11-prius.html

just a colour combination change for Black and the change from roman numerals to letters (e.g. III to Three).