1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Myron and Davis or Kenwood/Pioneet ???? head unit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by detroit11, Apr 14, 2013.

1. detroit11

detroit11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  2. xcuter

xcuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  3. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I looked at the AppRadio, it only takes certain App's and it doesn't mirror the iPhone, if it did a mirror, yeah I would be on it, but the App's I have are not recognized or supported, your results may vary.

4. SoCalBPrius

SoCalBPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have the Myron & Davis & other than a few glitches am very happy as having a factory look was important to me but if it isn't the Kenwood or Pioneer seem to be a viable choice & may I add they are at a great price as I don't recall nice car stereo's being so cheap.

5. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    +1 on the M&D as it's a great value for the price even though the unit is being discontinued. For the most part, it's a great NAV system which includes a CD/DVD/CD MP3 player (iPod adaptor required) with basic Bluetooth capability. Also, you can add a backup camera to it for another $20 (sold separately).
    Some of the glitches and quirks (I can live with):
    Backlit buttons are preset and not adjustable (more obvious at night)
    Zoom control for intersections doesn't seem to work (at least on my unit)
    Manual indicates there is "real time" traffic control interface and there is not.
    Bluetooth doesn't interface with your phone's address book - just the last 5 calls made, received and missed.