1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mysterious seat height differences 2007 vs 2008

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Caroline8, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Caroline8

Caroline8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ( sorry I initially posted this in the wrong forum.)
    I'm hoping your collective expertise here can help me: I have driven a 2007 Prius and the seat was fine for me. According to all specs I can find online, the 2008 touring edition should be the exact same seats and car body placement, but it was not. My head was practically hitting the top of the car and I couldn't see well. We drove 2hrs to buy it but had to turn around and go home. :(

As I continue my search for used a used Prius, I'm wondering what I should do differently? Are online specs unreliable? I thought the seats didn't change until the next gen? I want to figure it out before I have another wasted 4 hr round trip. :(

(PS- I've had 2 back surgeries so seat placement is super important to me. I'm a somewhat tall woman-- 5'7-- but have never felt like I was hitting my head in a car)

2. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    We went from a 2006 with cloth seats to a 2008 Touring with leather seats and noticed a small difference but not that much. We attribute it to the cloth seats being a touch more cushioned and flexible allowing us to "sink in" a little bit more. Definitely not to the extent you did. I'm 6'1 and my wife is 5'8". We fit okay in the cars from both years.

Space is also affected by how far forward and tilted the seat is. A subtle variation as little as one notch in the leg distance or tilt makes a big difference in these cars, more than we've experienced in other cars. Are you sure the seat was adjusted EXACTLY the same in both cars you drove?