1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mystery maybe solved but need brilliant 08 Prius input

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ♡myPeeus, Mar 22, 2017.

1. ♡myPeeus

♡myPeeus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, maybe this is the answer to the topics on camping, privacy.
    Can anyone tell me exactly what Toyota intentions were for this accessory? I also have a net cage for the hatchback area that was included when I purchased my car.
    This will make you camping junkies excited, So I got to thinking about this and had a brain fart suddenly it hit me! Possibly could this be a curtain to hang from the backseat to cover up the passanger and driving area? It has velcro strips sewin in areas that fit perfect and fits nicely on the ceiling and actually sticks! If so...what else in accessories does Toyota hold back from us 2 or 3 owners of our cars? I would Love to know what can still be purchased for 2008 comment below if you got the inside on this stuff ☆ ♡URPrius
    [​IMG]

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

S.Bell likes this.
  2. S.Bell

S.Bell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'd love to hear more. Mine is a 2013 Prius v trim 5 with panoramic moon/sun roof.

I've discovered that it definitely helps to go on ahead and get all the detailed measurements for every nook and cranny in the car, especially for we v owners.

BTW, I have a brand new trunk mat by Fly5D that fits the older regular Prius. I had brought it on EBay from China, and needless to say they appearently ignored my "v wagon - full size" comment each time I asked before and after purchasing it.

SM-N910V ?

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I am confused. You claim to have a 2008 Prius, and your picture is of a Gen 2 Prius but you posted in the Prius v station wagon forum. I had both a Gen 2 and a v, and neither had a blanket.

4. ♡myPeeus

♡myPeeus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I own a 2008 Prius, I believed at the time of my posting that I had it in the correct forum. It was maybe my 3rd time posting and trying to figure out how to post in the app.
    My bad.
    IDK what or if this cover was original to the car or aftermarket. All i can tell you is that the tarp is in the cut out shape between backseat and front seats and where the velcro strips are it is in this same shape of the inside to attach to ceiling and sides, which it does nicely. Even the dealer said it was with the car when it was shipped. So all I am is sharing something I had in my car when I bought it.

I hope I didnt confuse you more.
    Sorry about that.

5. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have to say that is one of the coolest things I ever saw that I have never seen before. I also have and 08 Prius which I bought used so it had none of the fun stuff that originally came with it. I have seen and know about the cargo net and I bought a pull over tonnoue cover for the back area. Never ever saw something like that thank you so much for posting it. I have no idea how to even start researching it but if I find any info I will post it hear. Is there and part # designation anywhere on it?

♡myPeeus likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it is not a toyota accessory. perhaps custom made?

7. ♡myPeeus

♡myPeeus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I will check tomorrow on it. Funny that it is identical grey, the velcro strips attach to the material without fail on the roof floor etc. Its awesome!

8. ♡myPeeus

♡myPeeus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure, its cut out perfectly for privacy from front seats to rear of car. I will check to see if it had or has a tag :)

9. ♡myPeeus

♡myPeeus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yeah, means nothing to me either. google around, maybe you'll find someone selling them. or they might have gone out of business.

11. ♡myPeeus

♡myPeeus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    @bisco got to think that it was brilliant find or something of use in camping trailers maybe? It is made with a poly blend tight fabric. A light canvas type but with a nylon fabric. And only the grip side of velcro sewn exactly where you could attach to the cars roof fabric etc. And it holds well. All else fails I could measure it out create a pattern and post for you. Let your inner Betsy Ross come out. :)

SFO likes this.
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not a camper, but thank you.:)