1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

mystery wires and switch!

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Prius C One, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Prius C One

Prius C One New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hello!

I am trying to figure these wires out. Obviously, someone had a switch on these wires. I discovered these while investigating a possible fog light addition. There is a hole drilled into the blanking plate where a fog light switch would go if there were one. I also appear to have factory fog light plugs. I do not have fog lights in my bumper, but I thought that maybe someone had nice aftermarket fogs and pulled them out prior to my purchase due to how the blanking bezels (?) appear to have been put in place.

I tried to find a diagram, but no luck. I did find these instructions and the wires hooked up in my vehicle do not match the wires for fogs in these instructions.

http://toyotaparts.sparkstoyota.com/install/00016-47160inst.pdf

There is a third wire for a ground in my vehicle. It is short and someone added a self drilling screw right near the blanking plate with a hole. I would say that the person who did the wiring had a switch with a minimum of three prongs. A ground, accessory, and of course power. possibly more, but I do not think so.

Any ideas what someone would wire a switch for with these wires??

I am at a loss. I tried TIS, but mine doesn't have wiring diagrams and no diagrams online to be found for this connector.

someone put these aftermarket inline connectors (?) on blue and pink that go into the first connector, but according to the toyota instructions for fogs, wrong wires... Blue wire always has power, and the pink does not. Plus, in the instructions, the connector underneath is used vs the top connector with the wires in question...

IMG_9018.jpg IMG_9019.jpg

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hang on, are you saying there wasn't a wiring diagram for your car?

My subscription is not currently active so I can't doublecheck, but I think that's really odd. I had no trouble accessing the one for mine when I needed to do some wiring work.

3. Prius C One

Prius C One New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One

I think it is more on my end than anything else!

I did find this, but I don’t think it’s what I am looking for. ABA19BC0-5FF7-448B-B8A0-771BCF0BAB7F.jpeg
    Search words: ecu, pinout, wiring, diagram

(maybe this will help someone!)