1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Name Your Drink

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TonyPSchaefer, Feb 25, 2006.

1. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    UMMMMMM BEEEEER!!! :lol:

Love it (well in reason), the darker the better, with lots of hops. But like I said before, ya can keep that light crap!

2. Spunky

Spunky New Member

'Tis a dangerous thing, to super-size recreational drug doses, yes?

3. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

tripp, if you are fond of Belgian brews, there is one that comes with really appropriate name
    Delirium Tremens and little pink elephants on the label to top it.
    Way too strong for me
    [Broken External Image]:http://members.cox.net/aye-aye/delirium.jpg[Broken External Image]:http://members.cox.net/aye-aye/delirium2.jpg[Broken External Image]:http://members.cox.net/aye-aye/delirium3.jpg[Broken External Image]:http://members.cox.net/aye-aye/delirium4.jpg

4. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I drink scotch. On the rocks, because I like it cold, but I don't like how the ice melts and dilutes the scotch. For a while, the only solution was to add more scotch to keep it from tasting diluted, and to drink it faster. This led to over consumption.

So I got the bright idea that I could freeze scotch in an ice cube tray, and just add scotch cubes to my scotch. Ended up drinking the scotch out of the ice cube tray which, consequently, led to that same over consumption problem while giving my wife yet another story to share with friends and family.

So scotch rocks it is, and I'll drink nearly any brand. I like the single malts like Glen Livet more than the plebian brands like Johnny Walker, but as long as its wet, and its scotch, I'll drink it.

Irish whisky is second on my list, either Bushmill's or Jameson's. I keep forgetting which is protestant and which is catholic, so I drink both. Sometimes with a splash of water if my tummy is hurting.

5. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    While this may not count as a true mixed drink:

4oz TGIFriday's Mudslide Mix (Non-alcoholic)

1 oz Coconut Rum (Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay)

Enough ice to make it the right slushy consistency

Fill glass lined with chocolate syrup.

(I usually actually double it to 8oz and 2 oz though). I could drink them all day.

I enjoy White Russian's as well, but have never made them.

Rum and Coke when I am away from home.

6. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    1) Tropical Trixxxie (my own made-up drink):
    3/4 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup pineapple juice
    shot or 2 of Malibu rum (or any coconut rum)
    with or without a splash of grenadine
    Very tropical!!

2) Buttery Nipple (the shot, supersized into a mixed drink for me + a couple additional ingredients):
    1/4-1/2 cup milk
    1 shot butterscotch schnapps
    1/2 shot kahlua
    1/2 shot bailey's
    Mmmm, tastes like caramel candy

3) Classic margarita on the rocks, with salt.

I have a drink something like once a month, if even that, but when I do, it's almost always one of the above.

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ...buttery nipples...supersized? I might have to try that!

Not that there's anything wrong with chocolate... :p

8. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Sometimes I add a cocoa liquer for a slightly different, but still fun, taste. :)
    It's too good to enjoy a shot-glass sized version of...needs to be much much bigger, IMO.

9. slortz

slortz New Member

Hilarious! :lol: Why? Because I can see the sense behind the nonsense and could imagine myself doing something like that. :D

10. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Chai tea with soy milk. One-half of each. In winter, heat three minutes in microwave. In summer, chill with ice. Best above 3,000 meter elevation.

11. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hah. Never heard of it. I'll have to seek it out. I wonder if I can get it here in CO? If nothing else the artwork is amusing. Thanks for the heads up.

12. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I've seen it in Boston a few times, I would think that if it's here you should be able to find in CO too.

13. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    they've got delirium tremens in wi too- we have an empty bottle over our kitchen cabinets in the "collection" :)

14. Solar Hydro

Solar Hydro New Member

I was never very enthusiastic about Delirium Tremens (although the label is funny the greyish bottle may not be very enviro-friendly if it cannot be sent back to the brewery/bottling plant).

If you go to the specialty shop, get Delirium Tremens if it makes you tick, but also pick up a 75cl bottle of Piraat and a 75cl bottle of Chimay Grande Réserve (or normal Chimay Bleue - blue label) and thank me later for the suggestions ;-)

Oh and make sure to:

- Drink these beers at the temperature indicated on the bottle (or even a bit higher temperature - the good bars in Belgium give you temperature options on Chimay Bleue, i.e. they stock it in fridge or in cellar and you get to choose) and definitely NOT fridge frozen or chilled.

- Use (buy) an appropriate glass, to retain the aroma, foam, fizz. Whatever you do, use a glass with an opening diameter of at least 7cm, and no plastic cups!

- Sip slowly.

- Not drive your Prius within 8 hours thereafter.

Solar Hydro

15. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Oh yeah. You can't drink good beer that's been chilled. You loose all sense of aroma and flavor. The "Ice cold" beer concept is an American Macro brewery thing to hide the aweful, aweful taste of their beers at the "proper" temperature. Have you ever had a Bud that was 55 deg? It's like tasting death, to put it nicely. :D

16. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I was never really keen on beer before till my husband introduced me to microbrews and Belgian beers. Now like I said before I am into Lambic, but he is completly crazy about Belgian beers. Whenever we happen to be in Belgium we always bring some glasses back home and some weird bottles including the one from Leuven (a charming town). Thanks for the tips, he is more into the temperature and all other aspects of serving beers than I am. Lately he has been fond of Biere du Garde from French Flanders.
    Here are some glasses and the bottle of Domus from Leuven
    [Broken External Image]:http://members.cox.net/aye-aye/glasses.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://members.cox.net/aye-aye/domus.jpg

17. Solar Hydro

Solar Hydro New Member

Well, you have a Chimay glass, and the Duvel glass is ok for Piraat... (the Piraat glass is a bit larger and a bit more pronounced in its curves, but similar in overall shape), so you're all set to try Piraat ;-)

Domus is a bar in Leuven; they brew their own beer. In August, there are festivals every Friday, and they generally have a bands playing in the courtyard.

Brugge is over-rated, Leuven is under-rated!

Solar Hydro

18. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I will try to surprise him with Piraat. Thanks for the tip!

19. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I arways
    hav a
    tumlbe...r
    of Newfie Screech
    fer
    mdisional porpoises
    ever day at 4pm
    my wach says its 4:30 now
    <_<

20. Solar Hydro

Solar Hydro New Member

Let me know what happens ;-) (I don't read all these forums systematically)

and I'll initiate a hunt for 'Biere du Garde from French Flanders', which is unknown to me.

Solar Hydro