1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

National Prius Meet ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dbarry, Mar 2, 2005.

?
  1. Yes, I would! I'm driving

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sorry, Not Interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only if was with 1 day drive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Looks like St. Louis would be approx. midpoint for the Central time zone, measured from the top of Wisconsin to New Orleans.

Though I wouldn't recommend East St. Louis. I've seen National Lampoon's Vacation.

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    as a person who lives in the West coast... S/F is a bad idea. No place to park.. traffic would be bad. If we had people who were from out of the area.. they might get lost.

S.F. area.. ok but unless if it's on the coast of s/f away from the city.. or somewhere down the peninsula.. but the only places i see that working is San Mateo. but we won't be seen and no place free... stanford, which would get us a lot of recognition. hundreds of prius owners in that area. Palo alto (same as stanford.. and basically connected to stanford) then there is mountain view at shoreline park which we've been before.. but it's away from people.. and other locations that are mostly away from people.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    one - two - three

BREATHE

one - two - three

BREATHE

Will someone call a doctor?! I think this thread is dying!!

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Zap it again! Breathe Damnit.. BREATHE!!!

I'm having a hard time getting my own prius meet finalized. All members turned into crickets.. because that's about all i'm hearing.

I would like a national meet still.

5. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

I just registered and will be picking up my '05 next week. I really like the idea about a national meet. I would be willing to travel anywhere between here and the MidWest. My wife and I will actually be in St. Louis in August for about a week to visit her family...anything going to happen with this, or has interest finally died back in March? Hope it will happen...I'd love to meet up with other Prius owners, get ideas, and just have a great time.

Dave.

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I could see doing separate regional meetups for the first shot, then expanding to a national meetup contingent on the success of the regionals...

I'd say have 3 regions. East, Central and West. Personally we can't go much farther than about 8 hours away. My class schedule is very stringent and he can't really miss many workdays. Plus, even though it's ridiculously cheap gas-wise to drive the Prius, it's still a hit on the pocketbook to do any driving above and beyond everyday trips.

But I'm a student and he's still getting his career off the ground. So we're by no means average...

Anyway, that's my idea. Maybe people will be less hesitant to do it this way since there's so much less driving involved....

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think regional meetings is a better idea, at least to start.

That said....wouldn't everyone love to drive to Las Vegas?

8. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

Regional meet ups would be a great idea..you'd probably have many more show up at different regional meets, than you would to a centralized gathering of all...how do we get this thing rolling? :p

Dave.

9. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee\";p=\"97898)</div>
    Agree! Anybody on the forum from NY or nearby states by any chance?!
    Regional meeting would be great before having the national meeting.

Scott

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So it seems we have a general consensus that regional meetings are better. At least initially. So for the eastern states, where I live... how about something in central Virginia? That's kind of a central location for the Eastern states. I can't coordinate a meeting for us... too much school related stuff and research/cell culture that doesn't allow for a ton of free time... and the local Prius club is enough of a handful.

Any takers? I'll help out in any way I can but I can't take the whole thing myself.

11. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee\";p=\"97907)</div>
    That sounds great...although I can't really offer any help as I stink at any sort of organization as a leader...I'd be happy to assist any way I can if anyone wants to hold it in Central VA...I can check out sites in question, or answer any questions the organizer would have about possible venues in Central VA...after all, I live in Central Va. :p

12. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    But have you ever been to Vegas in August- about 120 degrees....
    How about LA or San Diego?

13. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(inventor00\";p=\"97917)</div>
    Who said anything about August?

Well, I'm already IN San Diego (which can also get warm in August) so meeting in San Diego any time of year is just fine with me.

14. HYACK

HYACK New Member

Hi all -- a new guy here (and assuming the 'two-weeks-til-i-take-my-prius-acquisition' position)

Sounds cool and how about this 'meet' idea ;) ...

consider: more of a zoned-meet for even more direct, convenient participation such as; New England, Mid-atlantic, South-east, south, south-west, north-west, etc etc (maybe 12 zones for example). BUT... each meet is somehow web-casted live or at least documented for a nation-wide VIRTUAL meet-up via some combined, pic-blasted website posted shortly after.

Or even... an extreme idea ;) ... approach Toyota corp to possibly edit composite of such an 'Amateur' produced, Virtual-nation-wide Prius-meet to use in a TV prius ad?? (flashes of hundreds and thousands of American faces behind the Prius, cheering wildly and basically goin nuts, etc, from zone to zone across the nation) hmmm, ok maybe not goin nuts - ha! ;)

Just a totally random thought of course.. :idea:

15. jrawles

jrawles New Member

Someone at Toyota could solve this problem for us. Find three centers of Toyota population across the country by using all the zip codes of toyota purchasers and using a good statics program. Any SAS programmers out there?
    I know this method sounds a little over the top and I don't think it would arive at an answer that we didn't all ready know. Still, the answers would be interesting. I'm also partial to the one tank idea, though personally not interested in RENO( What about Santa Cruz, CA ?) Good food, Prius friendly town, plus they got the Board Walk for the kids!!! In fact we could converge on the parking lot at the board walk and use that as a meeting area. Okay, eoungh already. Is this thread dead?