1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav allignment

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by CrazyRussian, Aug 1, 2006.

1. CrazyRussian

CrazyRussian Junior Member

Guys,

has anyone encountered NAV system lose allignment? I've noticed a few times that when I am in "head on" mode (the one with the car icon always pointing up and the map rotating as you drive) the NAV system "thought" that I was going off road. It did that for a few seconds and then adjusted to allign the road with the car icon. I remember reading in the manual about NAV calibration, has anyone done it?

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you,

CR

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Every once in a while. It pops back after a few seconds.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes. If the GPS looses its lock, the NAV system dead reckons. When this happens, your position and heading will drift off a bit. Once the GPS gets a good fix, then the NAV re-aligns.

Tom

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Even with GPS lock, NAV actually runs on ded reconing with GPS verification. It also looks at the map and if a road is nearby from where the NAV placed you, and it appears as if you are following the road, NAV will adjust and snap you onto the road.

That's why my driveway appears to be the nearby cross-street as my driveway is only about 100 feet and parallel to the cross-street.
    And because of this 'adjustment', when I leave my house, my possition is skewed by about 100 or so feet until I make a turn, then it realizes I turned at a nearby intersection (nearby from NAV's perspective) and re-adjusts accordingly.

So, it uses ded-reconing, GPS, and map info to track your position.