1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav gone Nuts

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pjm877, Dec 18, 2004.

1. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Well today I got into my 2004 Prius, was heading to the dealer.. a ordered part was in... I switched on the nav and I showed I was 5 miles south than where I was...

Got to the dealer and at least got to show some one that it was off and I was not seeing things...

Got into the diag... the nav has as trouble code 58-40???

Unplugged the unit to reboot/reload to see if that would help... nope..

Anyone know what the code is ... will get the tech man I have in pdf out and check in a day or two...

I looks like the compass is not working... but is seeing sat's... would have thought it would use the sat and not the compass... OH well... will report back to the group what the finding is.... will take it in after x-mas trip...

Later

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    First question os the part of Austin you are in. If there are big buildings or other obstructions, you will see satelites, but their signals will have reflected off stuff. If you hadn't noticed the discrepency before, perhaps that's the explination.

You can try the "current position calibration" explained the NAV manual starting on page 77 in the Advanced Function section. You go in through the Menu and it's the first option on the first screen.

Since your NAV is registering errors already, I don't see where trying this could hurt.

Just my thoughts.

3. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer\";p=\"58400)</div>
    will look over page 77 and see if it is different than what I have already done.. reset it at mom's house... start trip to Eunice, NM... nav now shows me South of San Angelo where I started from... it is just plain broken... oh well has to go in to get the a part ordered put in... will look up that code Sunday.

thanks for the suggestions..

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

58-40 appears to be GPS antenna error.
    Suggest running diagnostics on the dead-reconing sensors (speed, reverse, gyro)
    Clear errors and see if they come back up.

5. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    thanks for the code text.. just had the fuel level TSB done and something might have come loose... dead-reconing works for a while (about 40 min.) this fails to keep up.. will check out unit...

Thanks for the info...

6. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    well it was not sitting well, so off with the dash.. found that the ant cable is in two (maybe more) parts and there is a cable to cable connector.. the tech failed to insert until the connector locked... no wonder I as not seeing sats ;)

Gang thanks for all the help... so if you have nav and have the fuel level TSB done this will be something to keep an eye out for...

later