1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav Screen Tire Calibratiom

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ATHiker, Oct 10, 2017.

1. ATHiker

ATHiker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Anyone know what this is for, and how it works?

I selected “Tire Change” but notthing seemed to happen — no follow up prompts or confirmations.

Page 248 of Owners Manual:

8F131A9D-D58A-4380-B6C2-18E671FAA065.png

2. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    once on my 2004 the NAV could not correctly report my location on the map... With that in mind you can correct it with the Position/Direction.

Turns out the Tech when working under the dash did not get the Ant wire extension plugged in good and it came loose.. Easy fix ... but not easy to get to that location LOL With no Sat's the system reverts to dead reckoning, and not very good at it for that version of Nav .

I knew how to get the dash apart because I added XM to the car.... Also you could add a Sony Mini-Disc player in the center console arm rest.. that format was all the rage in Japan back then.

Tire Change I would guess is for Dead Reckoning ??? just a pure guess on my part

3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I would guess it is for if you change to a different tire size. That would affect the speedometer and mileage values.

RCO likes this.