1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NAV system navigation sucks!?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by ronlprius2, May 31, 2012.

1. ronlprius2

ronlprius2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I haven't seen a thread on this yet. Am I the only one who thinks that the 2012 PiP Nav system sucks? It takes 3-4 presses to to the same thing that used to take 1-2 presses on my 2006 and 2010 and it uses illegible icons down the left side. One example is using the Nav system to go home. With the 2010, press Dest then Home. With the 2012, the same action is: Apps, Map, Dest, My Destinations, screen with 5 itty bitty icons, My Destinations, Home.

What the heck was the user interface designer thinking when they came up with this? It's like Microsoft designed it.

2. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Nah. Microsoft did the Synch on my Escape Hybrid, that was just as bad or worse.

I've learned to live with it all. I got tethering for the iPhone so the car connects when I get in, maps get traffic overlay and will offer to reroute, phone book and calls work, Pandora is running. I can search for stuff on Bing and then nav to it. The internet interface gives it an evolutionary boost over Synch so I definitely feel like I've had an upgrade.

dwcerra likes this.
  3. waprius

waprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just press Dest and then Home on mine. But I have the advanced package, maybe it's different. What I don't like is it doesn't give the easiest directions to work or to home. I know the way without it but I can't trust it for Traffic if it cant find the shortest route by time between two points.

4. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    According to the Display Audio manual, you can hit the checkered flag icon in any navigation screen (like the map) to go directly to the "My Destinations" menu, and thence to Stored tab and then Home. Certainly not as clean as Dest/GoHome on the Advanced, but somewhat shorter.

5. CraigCSJ

CraigCSJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    On my basic PIP, I press the phone button, and after the beep say "Favorite Home" and shortly after that the car asks if I want something and I say yes, and it takes me home. This works for me while traveling.