1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav Traffic

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by priuskitty, Jul 23, 2012.

1. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My SiriusXM trial ended yesterday. My Nav Traffic stopped working also. Got on the cell phone with SiriusXM to troubleshoot, no luck. Was told call back in 24 hours. Anybody else having problems with Nav Traffic?

2. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If your trial ended, so did the XMTraffic. Entunes provides traffic for free if your phone has web access and it is a phone that will work with the Prius.

3. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I guess I shuda said I renewed my subscription. I was aware that the phone has to be connected because the only way I got Navtraffic to work was when I connected Pandora. probably because I never shut Pandora off and listened to XM

4. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If NavTraffic only worked while you were hooked to Pandora then you were using Entunes traffic and XMTraffic. If you are still getting Pandora, Bing is working then Entunes traffic should be working and you don't need to pay for XMTraffic subscription.

If you hit the button for Traffic, does it say it is connecting to the internet and then shows traffic warnings in your area?

If you had XMTraffic and it expired, I don't know if the car needs to be told to use Entunes traffic vs. XMTraffic. Perhaps it is looking for XMTraffic and that's not there but it doesn't know to look for Entunes traffic.

5. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    interesting,I don't know. I emailed Entune.

6. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The Base trim gets NavTraffic via a smartphone internet connection, not through XM. The Advanced trim gets XM NavTraffic.

7. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Well that sucks. So when xm expires we no longer have nav traffic in the advanced? What other options do we have? With all the other music options I really dont want to pay for xm.

8. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    XM Data Services (such as NavTraffic) are different than XM Radio service and can be subscribed to separately. Some one said that the data services are on a 3 year trial. Search in the Prius Plug-in forum for threads that discuss this.

9. bfd

bfd Plug-In Perpetuator

Close to SDSU in the Far Southwest Corner of Cali
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yes, the ADV pkg gets a three year "trial" of XM data service. BASE does not.

10. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I renewed my XM (radio, nav, weather) yesterday. I had Nav Traffic on my 2010 Prius and I liked it. Nav Traffic is the same on the 2012 Plug In and the 2010 Prius except the Plug in requires an internet connection via smartphone. As of today I still don't have Nav Traffic showing up on my map. And bfd, you're wrong, I had three months of XM including Nav Traffic Nav Weather. oops three years? well .....no. But I do have three years of Entune tho

11. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have the Advanced package, and I fought this battle when my 3-month XM radio subscription expired. For both the Basic and Advanced package, you have a complimentary 3-month trial for the radio service, after which you renew it or not with XM as you choose.

HOWEVER

In the Advanced, NavTraffic and such comes over the XM data service. This is part of a three-year complimentary Entune subscription. At the end of three years, if you want to keep this service, you renew your Entune subscription with Toyota Entune, NOT XM!!!!!! XM is simply the service provider that Toyota chose to provide these services, just as they chose Verizon to provide the cellular service for Safety Connect. The XM data service contract is between Toyota and XM, not between you and XM. If you call XM about the data service, they will say you don't have data service. Which you actually don't; Toyota does. And if you insist that you have a three-year complimentary data subscription, they say that there is no such thing, and imply that you are a liar.

On the Basic package, you have a complimentary Entune subscription to things like Traffic (I don't recall how long it goes on the Basic, but I think it is also three years, per How Do I Register My Entune Account ), but it uses your smartphone's Internet connection to get the information. And likewise, when it expires, you renew with Toyota Entune if you want to continue to get it.

12. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have had my car since April 23, 2012 so I should still have nav traffic. When I registered it said 36 months complimentary

13. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If your NavTraffic does not work, call the Entune customer service number. This is true regardless of which package you have. Unlike the XM people, I found the Entune customer service person to be very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. On the Advanced package, if the issue is the XM data service, the Entune folks will do battle with XM. Don't even think about calling XM about the data services.

14. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I called the Customer Experience Center, same number for Entune, they told me to take my car to my dealer.

15. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The issue that priuskitty is having is affecting *all* Entune Traffic users that have a Display Audio Unit (Base PiP, various other Prius models). It has nothing to do with XM radio service.

16. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't think the dealer will be able to fix it. I also have a base model, I renewed my XM radio subscription, and I'm not getting traffic info on my Display Audio Unit. With my iPhone disconnected from the car, I can go into the Entune App on my iPhone, and I'm able to see traffic info on the iPhone in the app. But when I plug the iPhone into the car, traffic doesn't come up on the Display Audio unit as it usually does.

17. bfd

bfd Plug-In Perpetuator

Close to SDSU in the Far Southwest Corner of Cali
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  18. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, same here

19. chesleyn

chesleyn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I had no traffic today either

20. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Entunes provides free traffic via your phone/car web connection. No need to pay $15 a month to XM for traffic. Better to use that $15 to give your iPhone Hotspot capability so it can talk to the car via Bluetooth, providing Traffic, Pandora and Bing utilities. It also lets you use your phone as hotspot for you tablet and laptop.