1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav - What is at this exit

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by martydallas, Apr 6, 2017.

1. martydallas

martydallas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    ok, can someone help me get rid of this. I think it maybe of help with traveling but not on my commute to work. looking for a toggle to turn it off and on when needed.

upload_2017-4-6_6-48-48.png

2. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It took me all of 30 seconds in the Nav manual to find this.

upload_2017-4-6_6-36-15.png

3. martydallas

martydallas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Well I'm new to this forum, but that was a little rude 30 seconds :-(

Have you tested it? He does not perform the function I'm asking. I've had it in that mode since day one and yes it didn't take any time to find it. But that exit display is still displaying even after selecting it that's why am on this forum to have a legitimate conversation with people not a slap in the face

ClydeSDale, sonomac and VTBIGDOG like this.
  4. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That pictures seems to indicate you're in mode 5, not mode 1. If that's not the case, you'll need to be more specific about the problem.

I may have come off as rude, but I've been answering questions for new Prime owners that are readily available in the owner's manual, and I don't even have mine yet (it came to the dealer Monday).

Tyfly likes this.
  5. martydallas

martydallas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Not all of us are as familiar with finding things in manuals is probably you are.

I am in mode 1, I am not in mode 4. I have tried to change this frequently and this still displays. Get yours on Monday try it for a few days and then try replying back

Merged. Just edit your previous post if it is only 2 minutes later, don't post another post to add more.....

Actually mode 5 is what is displaying not mode 4 to be more specific

I have selected mode 1 multiple times, mode 5 is not selected thinking it may have been a toggle I've switched between several of them going back to mode 1 hoping the display would turn this item off

#5 martydallas, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
    dalcon95 likes this.
  6. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I changed the post to mode 5 when I realized the typo (5 is next to 4).

dalcon95 likes this.
  7. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just FWIW, that list of exits has been there for quite a while; dating back at least to my Gen-2. I've found it useful sometimes and not others. I glad that the P.Prime has big enough a display that the exit list doesn't cover up most of map.

iPhone ? Pro

8. martydallas

martydallas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thank you, I did not see it on my 2010, then again I did not use the maps that much on it. So there is no way to have it not display? I think it would be helpfull when I am traveling but not on my commute to work. I am looking for traffic Congestion, and it's just in the way

9. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I personally don't know; sorry...

iPhone ? Pro

10. Samprocat

Samprocat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    If you click on Option menu...you will see couple different ways to setup Navigation .....i like on long trips picture you posted..on short trips i choose arrows....

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

11. martydallas

martydallas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

OK, well on the 1/2 screen it may go away hmmm will check that out on my way home after work. I just thought selecting option 1 not option 5 would do the trick as "Lee Jay" suggested above.

12. Samprocat

Samprocat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Just play with all given combinations and find one that makes you happy
    Or if you get tired after a while...you can turn this big screen off
    That is what i do ...

'LectroFuel and priuscatprimeguy like this.
  13. martydallas

martydallas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I might as well take the car back then

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  14. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    In the hopefully unlikely event that you actually are taking the car back, and assuming you live in Dallas, I might be interested in hearing more detail about it (Advanced vs. Premium, options, color, etc.).

iPhone ? Pro

Tyfly likes this.
  15. martydallas

martydallas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It's very unlikely I'll return it for something as minor as that. It was just a joke and I'm sure/hopefully everyone took it that way.

I am loving the car right now compared to my 2010 it's like floating on air. There is a slight rattle I've got somewhere that's driving me crazy and with one bad ear and in the other ear I can't hear anything out of, I can't seem to find it just yet :)

Whole foods grocery store is a few minute walk from my office. I drive it they are about 830 plug it in for free, get a little breakfast and walked back to the office. Even completely empty of charge, I'm finding it takes only 2 hours to bring it to a full 26+ mile charge at least from the display is what it reads.

When I 1st got the car it would not go over 23 for the 1st 2 days. Now it's exceeding 26 in the display have not started checking actual mileage for electric charge/travel time miles just yet.

In my profile I got a picture of the car in front of my home, last year I added 52 solar panels to my house, in Dallas my entire utility bill in 2016 was $36, so the solar panels really did a good job payback right now is estimated in less than 7 years. If were only talking actual electric cost versus panel cost not talking increased value of home and value of electricity after their paid off.

So may be adding another 8 panels to the house in order to totally be totally green as relates to charging a car.

Fairly good with technology on the forum only to help short-circuit some of my questions and see if others are experiencing other items similar to me and maybe learn some things that may not be published.

#15 martydallas, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    'LectroFuel and priuscatprimeguy like this.
  16. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's Freeway Mode.

While you're travelling on the highway, switch it to Single Map Mode (Mode 1). (Either by voice command or using the touch screen).

On my 2010, I have it set up such that if I'm in the city, it's Single Map Mode (full screen) and when I go onto the highway, it automatically splits to Freeway Mode; so don't be fooled by thinking you're in Single Map Mode if you're not on the highway.

dalcon95 likes this.
  17. martydallas

martydallas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I had picked "mode 1" Multiple times,But only when moving Physically on the highway And going to the options while driving Unsafe, does "mode 5" Appears at all.I was able to then switch it back to "mode 1" Thank you for forcing me :) look While driving Toyota this is unsafe Most of these options Are not even accessible while driving Is the reason why I never looked while driving

Attached Files:

18. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It is available through voice recognition.

On the Gen 6 navigation systems (2010/2011 Prius), the command is "Single Map".

19. martydallas

martydallas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just wanted to emphasize, option mode 5 as a relates to screen view can only be selected while physically moving on a highway. So if you're selecting mode 1 and thinking it will remove the information for the upcoming exit that is incorrect you only can do it physically while the vehicle is moving down a highway

Very very bad Toyota

dalcon95 likes this.
  20. Samprocat

Samprocat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    So what is your total output on good sunny day...