1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navi screen opens when volume knob is turned.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mistermike, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Mistermike

Mistermike New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hey guys I'm new to the forum and newbie Prius owner. I've tried to research this problem heavily but haven't found anything. I have a 2011 Prius Four with JBL/navi package. When I go to turn the volume knob up or down the navi screen pops open as if I were going to eject or insert a cd. Only sometimes will it close back up when I press the eject/close button otherwise I have to twist the volume knob back and fourth until it randomly closes. THEN, when I set FM/AM station presets, power off the car, power car back on, the screen shows "loading" and everything resets except for the Bluetooth phone settings. Has anyone had this issue? Is there any firmware update I need to install via usb? Thank you in advance. Glad I found this site!

2. joedirtae09

joedirtae09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I dont know if this will help but I would open up the dash and unplug the head unit, it would act as a reset of sorts.