1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigating Canada

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Old Bear, Jun 16, 2018.

1. PCPrime

PCPrime Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It is still Entune 2.0 for the Prime and I believe Entune/Safety Connect takes care of the roaming charges

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well it's not that it doesn't work, it's that Canadian-spec cars do not have the cellular chip and thus no Entune (although I've heard cases where all cars are technically shipped with it, it's just that Canadian cars have it disabled at port.. I cannot confirm though)

3. Old Bear

Old Bear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks for the helpful information. We chose to drive up US Route 2 from Burlington, Vermont and enter Canada at the Alburgh-Noyan border crossing. Very quite, friendly, and pleasant!

The route passes by causeway and small bridges connecting several rural islands in Lake Champlain to a peninsula which extends into the lake, south from Canada. It is a very nice drive and much less stressful and more interesting than Interstate I-89.

(We also got a chance to see a genuine Canadian hypersonic red Prius Prime on the streets of Montreal! I posted a photo in the PriusChat "Prime in the Wild" thread.)