1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Auto dim

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by chesleyn, May 23, 2012.

1. chesleyn

chesleyn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, tonight was my first night driving with navi on. Couldn't get over how BRIGHT the screen was. Annoyingly bright. So I looked to see if it had a night mode. The navi was in auto mode.. I had to manually set it to night mode.

What's with this? Does the base PiP head unit not auto detect night and day map scheme? .... am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't it switch automatically?

2. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Maybe your instrument panel light control is set to all the way bright. This is when the control is dialed up past the point where it will click. If it is, the instrument panel and navigation display don't dim at night. See the Owner's Manual pg. 260 for a picture.

QuantumFireball and delz like this.
  3. GerryC

GerryC New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My 2012 Plug In has 3 settings for brightness, Auto, Night & Day. On the map menu. Mine was set on Auto with the IP lights full on. I checked and it was on Auto so I set it to Day and it's much more to my liking.