1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation CD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Harper, Dec 21, 2006.

1. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Jan 6 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]371944[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds good. Maybe when they get the new version in I can ask the dealer.

Thanks for your thoughts Rick.

Dave M.

2. allenhuffman

allenhuffman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 2005 Prius, and I actually called a Toyota 800 and they opened up a Case # for me about upgrading the DVD in my Prius. I was then able to call my local Toyota dealer and they were able to instantly order the 6.1 DVD for my 2006 Prius. It did take them a month or so before it actually arrived, then it took me a few weeks before I had a chance to go pick it up, but I did that yesterday and all is well. 6.1 contains alot of the newer roads here in Des Moines (where a big mall opened in the past few years and other things) which make it worth the $260 I paid for it -- wouldn't have done me much good if the improvements didn't affect where I drive.

6.1 removes the override screen sequence, so those of us spoiled by being able to have a passenger work the nav while we are en route will be disappointed in that.

3. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmckinstry @ Jan 7 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]372198[/snapback]</div>
    He's liable to hear something different, just like "Jill" does. :)

Me: Gas Station.

Jill: System is showing Botanical Garden icons.

Me: GAS STATION!

Jill: Zooming out.

Me: %&!@!?#!!

Jill: That command is not valid in Single Map mode.

4. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Jan 7 2007, 06:44 PM) [snapback]372302[/snapback]</div>
    Well, Zooming in and out is one of the few commands she recognizes on my car.

Is there another mode that recognizes "%&!@!?#!!"

Dave M.