1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation demo mode

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Gareth, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Gareth

Gareth New Member

I just found out that you can get the navigation to show you the route it will take by holding down the Guide button for a few seconds. But, the demo was extremely slow. I wanted to see the major highways it was going to take me on but I had to wait a long time as it slowly went thru the local streets that would get me to the freeway.

Does anyone use this feature? Do you find it really slow? Is there anything that can speed it up?

Thanks.

2. JHSmith

JHSmith 2020 Avalon Hybrid Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just went out to verify the operation on my car ('07 TCH w/ NAV).

Try this:
    <blockquote>When you are in Route Preview", press the "Forward" button one time. The preview starts running slow as you said. Press it a second time and it doubles or triples it's speed.

</blockquote>I'm not sure if this is what you want, or if you had seen this before.

Also, remember this is on a TCH, so YPMV (Your Prius May Vary). B)

3. Gareth

Gareth New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(John Smith @ Nov 9 2007, 07:11 PM) [snapback]537493[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for going through the trouble to check it out.

I don't seem to have a "Forward" button. I guess your TCH navigation is different from the 08 Prius.

It seems like I must be unaware of something though. It's so slow that if you wanted to see the route it will take for a long trip - it would take forever.

Anyone else notice this and know how to get around it?