1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation disappointment

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by clifford, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clifford @ Mar 29 2006, 08:53 PM) [snapback]232030[/snapback]</div>
    I have a 2006 and I am automatically redirected when I go off route, which I normally do when I get closer to my house and know where I am going. It usually recalculates in less than a block. I will look through my menu options when I go home tonight. I think you have to hit the top button to the right of the screen and then change a setting, but I can't remember what it was called.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ched1968 @ Mar 30 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]232784[/snapback]</div>
    I read somewhere on PC that there are two versions of 5.1. One is for the '06 because of the enhanced graphics and the other is for pre '06.

3. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clifford @ Mar 29 2006, 08:53 PM) [snapback]232030[/snapback]</div>

Hmm.. mine redirects on the fly too. Clifford, when selecting your destination, are you hitting "enter" on the screen to set things going? Is the nav system vocally prompting you for left and right turns as you go. Hmm... I'll check the settings on mine tonight...

Dave

4. nyprius

nyprius Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If your car is two days old, you may not have set the preferences in navigation. For example, did you select auto correct route? You may also have restrictions on the types of roads the system will chose.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clifford @ Mar 26 2006, 01:08 AM) [snapback]230324[/snapback]</div>

5. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trevor @ Mar 31 2006, 08:30 AM) [snapback]232948[/snapback]</div>
    Same here. The nav usually auto-reroutes. If I'm impatient (she tries to get me to turn back to the original route), I can just say "Suspend guidance" and "Resume guidance" and she gets the idea.

I couldn't find any setting to enable Auto-Reroute: I suspect it's always on for the 2006 v5.1 nav.

6. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The 2006 does not have a setting for "auto re-route", it is just a defaut setting in the system that cannot be changed.

My 2006 has no problem at all when I go off the route, it very quickly redirtects me back to the route (probably in about 5 to 10 seconds after I leave the route). Like some people say it tells you to make a series of right/left turns instead of going straight then making one turn directly to the destination... The Nav system does not recognize stop signs and traffic lights, so if it is seeing the type of road and what speed you set for that type of road it may think it's a faster route. You just have to be smarter that the Nav sometimes, it takes a lot of learning.

If your Nav isn't re-directing you when you leave the route then the only things I can think of is to check what zone you have it set to, and check the route preferences to be sure you have the correct type of roads enabled for your area (ex: ferry, toll road, freeway, time/season restricted roads). Aside from that I would probably just have to see what it's doing and what the area looks like when that happens.

7. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< LOoks like clifford needs to read the NAV Manual and (redundant, I know) check his settings. My '04 with NAV is accurate to within about 50' and corrects an "off course" situation within one or two city blocks.

8. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have an 06 and the redirect works great.

9. esskay

esskay Junior Member

I have an 06. The other day I took a short cut near my house through an unmapped area and it took the NAV several blocks back on mapped streets again before it woke up and started guiding me again. :(