1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Disk Update

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Metro, Nov 1, 2007.

1. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    While I'm very very tired of being sent to stores that are long gone, the cost is too high to justify.

Now that Google Maps has my home address correct, MAYBE the 2011 release will be worth it...

2. dschlic1

dschlic1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was told by my dealership that a new nav disk will be available in December....

3. mpchiari

mpchiari New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought for $185 including shipping, on ebay Gen 4 Rev 9.1 Navigation DVD.... It looked Original, I hope it works on my Newly Aquired 2004 Prius.... update: I received it, and it worked Great, I'm Now REV 9.1 (2009 Copywrite) map updated, yeee haaa (yes I'm from texas :)

4. Wolfie52

Wolfie52 Senior "Jr" Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I upgraded the Nav DVD (Generation 4) to version 09.1 on my 2004. I got it on eBay for a very good price---if you are patient, every once in a while a deal comes along ($50).

It works fine, however I notice I can no longer do the override to be able to type while the car is in motion. I don't miss that too much, because you had to do it EVERY TIME you started the car! It is nice to have the updated version as there has been a lot of growth in my area. Now the streets are up to date.

5. doctorman

doctorman Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have the Gen 4 version 9.1 the newest that was released oct 2009 and guaranteed to work. for prius 2004-2005
    I will price match with the lowest price you see anywhere

6. Robert564

Robert564 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II

So the post above this one puts the price at $50.

You OK with that?

7. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    HA... I also bought one on Craig's List for $50. I know it's a copy but it is also over a year old (which is when I bought it). The reason I did not install it is because I know I'll lose the ability to input addresses while I drive. I find that extremely convenient and don't want to be without that hack. I live in NYC and there have been no new roads built here since the Cold War. The only benefit I'd get out of it would be updated POI's. For that, I have the trusty iPhone.

Getting back to the topic, I doubt the guy will be able to match the $50 price as it is a copy of the original.