1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation DVD

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by wisewomank, Dec 28, 2017.

1. wisewomank

wisewomank New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    We purchased a used 2011 Prius that did not have the navigation map DVD included. We use the GPS on our phones and I am not interested in spending money on the DVD. Is there any way to stop it from searching for the DVD? Most of the time, it gives us the roads we are on and that's good. The searching is becoming a problem as you can do nothing else on the screen while it searches.

Also, is there a way to keep the screen on the audio rather than the map screen?

Thanks!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    on mine, when i press the audio button, it stays on audio, but 2011 may be different, do you have a manual for the gps? maybe you can find a cheap old dvd on eBay to satisfy it's thirst for knowledge.:)

3. QuikSlvr

QuikSlvr New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm interested in knowing how to keep the audio screen on as well. When i hit the audio button it comes on but only for a few seconds then the map pops back up.

Melmel likes this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Press the SETUP button, then "General" then "Auto Screen Change". The word to the right should be "off". Press "Save".

Now when you exit to the MAP-VOICE screen then press AUDIO, it should remain on the audio screen.

upload_2018-1-3_23-46-30.png

bisco, prmp945 and ToyXW like this.
  5. QuikSlvr

QuikSlvr New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks gonna try this in the morning. Appreciate the visuals too. My Prius came with no manuals.

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The owner's manuals (really, the owner's manuals and all the other little booklets that come in the glove compartment) are free to download from techinfo.toyota.com (you can find them in the Manuals search shown before the paywall).

I like them better that way anyway ... the paper owner's manual takes up a lot of space in the glove box, and it's searchable when saved as a file on my phone. :)

-Chap

7. QuikSlvr

QuikSlvr New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Did as instructed and all is good. Thanks guys.

8. prmp945

prmp945 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Holy cow...this auto change thing has annoyed me since I first got my Prius. I didn't know it was possible to change it. Thank you!

Melmel, bisco and Tideland Prius like this.
  9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's a long time to go with that annoyance! Glad it helped.

10. Melmel

Melmel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Me too, I just bought a 2011 Prius and this has been driving me nuts since I use my phone for navigation (the map is so outdated that my whole neighborhood doesn't even exist in it :) ). I'm assuming that it runs on DVD even though my local Toyota dealer told me I could update it using the online version.... I don't think that's correct but I will explore it this weekend.

11. Attila Fekete

Attila Fekete Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Depending what model of head unit you have, you probably can update - even by downloading it from Toyota map update website to a USB drive (that’s the way it works on 57037).