1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation map updates

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Henn Sarv, Apr 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kebisho1

Kebisho1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I go with google maps in apple carplay. No plan to ever use the navigation included with my 2022 PP XLE. I can’t believe how bad the infotainment system design is. My only other experience is with a 2019 Mazda 3. I did not appreciate how good the Mazda infotainment system design was until now.

2. dtsexpert

dtsexpert Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I use gmap as well but on the iphone, I tried gma[ via carplay but can't stand it due to the difficulties of controling. I just wish that there was a way to disable gmap in carplay

3. fkat

fkat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    On my 2017 Advanced I found a port labeled MAP on the underside of the display. Is that the SD card slot we can use to update the map?

4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, but you must use a correctly formatted SD card compatible with your head unit and follow the sequence to update the map. There was a thread somewhere someone posted a step-by-step walk-through procedure.