1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Maps may be a bit old

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by terrylowe, Apr 21, 2012.

1. terrylowe

terrylowe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just a FYI.
    I had noticed that my subdivision, which is 12 years old, is not on my navigation map in my new Plug-In.

I contacted Toyota about this hoping that there was a way to upgrade my maps and this was the reply I got.

"We currently only offer one navigation mapping data software, NQNA2010Q4, for your vehicle. Therefore, your vehicle has our most recent mapping data.

Most aftermarket systems using existing mapping data from sources such as Google maps etc. The vendor for our mapping data does not incorporate mapping data unless they have physically checked the location. Hence, there may be some differences between the aftermarket navigation systems and the systems we use. Our vendor also only provides voice guidance on routes they have driven.
    "

Not a big issue for me since I pretty much know where my house is without the map. I have this comical image of a Toyota map vendor driving down Mississippi back roads to be sure the road exists before it gets incorporated into the new mapping software.

1 person likes this.